Research Clinician: Don McKenzie Hospital, Botha Hill
TB&HIV Investigative Network (THINK) is a non-profit research organisation working on TB and MDR TB clinical trials. THINK is currently looking for various staff members to join the THINK team at our Clinical Trial Unit at Don McKenzie Hospital, Botha’s Hill.
The following position is available:
The closing date for applications will be on 26 January 2018. More details regarding these positions are available further in this document.
Employees are selected based on shared personal and organisational goals and values. The expectation is that employees come to identify strongly with both the organisation and its mission and that the shared set of Core Values give the employees an internal guideline for how to behave in order to fulfil the organisation’s mission.
Minimal requirements for all the above positions include:
· Valid motor vehicle drivers licence
· Good communication skills, and
· Computer literacy
Applications can be done online at www.think.org.za/contact/jobs/
The Research Clinician will be responsible for the clinical safety of trial participants as well
as administrative duties required by the project.
Responsibilities under the supervision of the Site Manager and Principal Investigator:
- Screening of potential study participants with regards to their eligibility for the trial and obtaining informed consent.
- Clinical management of study participants with drug resistant tuberculosis (MDR&XDR) as well as adverse events that could arise while on treatment.
- Performing administrative duties such as resolving data queries, completing SAE reports, developing source documentation and site operating procedures, etc.
- Assist with the training and mentoring of other researchers and nursing staff.
- Registered with HPCSA as an independent medical practitioner
- Insurance certificates
- Knowledge in the management of TB and HIV
- Clinical trial experience
- Post internship experience in internal medicine
- Current GCP certificate
- Drug resistant TB management
The closing date for receipt of application will be 26 January 2018. THINK reserves the right to accept late applications or to extend the above date in order facilitate further searches.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted