Receptionist – uMgungundlovu
Opportunity Type: Locum (4 Months)
Start Date: February 2022
Application Closing Date: 18 January 2022
THINK is a non-profit organisation dedicated to improving the lives of those affected by TB and HIV. As a health delivery and research organisation, THINK engages with the local community, government consortia, and international funders to provide care for over 100,000 people in KwaZulu-Natal and carry out cutting-edge clinical research that has already contributed to changing treatment guidelines internationally and locally.
The Receptionist will be the first point of contact for the company and responsible for providing day to day administrative support for the office. The incumbent must be highly professional be able handle the flow of people through the business and ensure that all receptionist responsibilities are completed accurately and delivered with high quality and in a timely manner. The receptionist will be based in KwaZulu-Natal Province in Hilton (Umgungundlovu). The position requires maturity, flexibility and willingness to assume varied duties and projects.
Duties and Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Conduct switchboard operations professionally by answering calls made to the office in a timeous and courteous manner and relaying messages accurately
- Perform reception duties by receiving guests in a friendly and helpful manner
- Provide a point of contact between THINK and its partners, including receiving and transmitting telephone messages and written communication
- Arrange accommodation bookings for staff members in a timely fashion
- Submit requisitions for stationery and consumables on behalf of the office
- Update appointment calendars and schedule meetings/appointments
- Organising meetings, taking of minutes and ensuring minutes are distributed to all members
- Oversee the use and maintenance of central office equipment and report faults to relevant Support Services
- Maintain and update an accurate Asset Register
- General support to staff with photocopying and collation of workshop materials;
- Maintain and update the contact list for the office;
- Perform any administrative duties or other duties of similar nature as required as and when required.
- Be passionate about making the difference and add value to THINK
- Perform other duties as required
The Receptionist must possess and be able to demonstrate:
- Matric Certificate, National diploma in Business/Office Administration or equivalent qualification
- At least 2 – 3 years’ reception experience (NGO experience will be advantageous)
- Strong organizational and office management skills
- Excellent Computer Skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office (SharePoint, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, ability to inform and engage through written communication
- Strong coordination and people management skills
- Strong communication, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent administrative skills
- Excellent multi-tasking, time and stress management skills
- Must have a valid driver’s license and own transport
- Clean Criminal Record
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for appointment soonest. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please consider your application unsuccessful if you have not been contacted within 4 weeks of the closing date. THINK reserves the right in special circumstances to accept late applications or to extend the above date in order to facilitate further searches. Furthermore, THINK reserves the right not to make an appointment. Internal applicants will get preference for shortlisting. THINK is unable to provide reallocation assistance. For any queries, contact HR Department.
Applications are only accepted if received via the online form below:
APPLY NOWTo apply for any of the above positions please fill in your details below and upload your recent CV. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please consider your application unsuccessful if you have not been contacted within 4 weeks of the closing date.
Salaries are negotiable.
Please add recent payslip to submission.
"*" indicates required fields