Provincial Operational Manager
Position: Provincial Operational Manager
Opportunity Type: Fixed term Contract – 12 months
Start Date: 1 January 2020
Application Closing date: 15th October 2020
THINK is a non-profit organisation dedicated to improving the lives of those affected by TB and HIV/AIDS. As a health delivery and research organisation engaging with the local community, government and international funders, THINK has provided care to over 100,000 people in KwaZulu-Natal Province and carried out cutting-edge clinical research that has already contributed to changing TB Treatment Guidelines internationally and locally.
THINK is looking for a qualified candidate to fill the role of Provincial Operational Manager for a USAID-funded project aimed to strengthen the health care delivery platform for TB in the provinces of KwaZulu-Natal and Eastern Cape.
Duties and Responsibilities include but not limited to:
The Provincial Operations Manager (OM) plays a central role of the KZN Programme Support Team to set up and support all operational aspects of the programme. Starting off, this includes the set-up programme offices and functional teams in the 3 districts of KwaZulu-Natal where the programme is to be implemented (eThekwini, uMgungundlovu and uMkhanyakude). The Provincial OM supports high-level procurement and coordination of resources and services, including HR, in compliance with funder and organisational requirements.
- Provide support and oversight to district teams to ensure processes and operations to support the implementation according to approved workplans to set outputs are in place.
- Operate as a point of contact between the district offices and the Provincial Programme Support office and key personnel on project performance and delivery
- Ensure procurement of office and others supplies for the programme offices and supported facilities in line with set procurement procedures
- Coordinating with, reporting and making recommendations to key personnel
- Establish good co-ordination and communication systems between the District Implementing Teams, provincial programme support team and Key-personnel
- Identify bottlenecks and operational solutions to operational obstacles
- Review operational polices and advise on policies and SOPS which will ensure accountability and speed of implementation for the programme
- Cultivate and contribute to a strong committed team to create an efficient work environment.
- Systematize the monitoring of upholding of various processes through the development and use of process trackers. Use and maintain process trackers to ensure sound financial, administrative, and programmatic management of the projects and anticipate technical/program support needs and priorities in keeping with USAID guidelines.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, public health, international development or relevant/ related field (or commensurate experience)
- At least 4 years of relevant work experience, at least 2 of which involve similar experience of operational management of projects.
- Ideally should have at least two (2) years of professional experience in implementing public health programmes, preferably Tuberculosis and/or HIV
- Substantive project operational management experience, including detailed working knowledge of human resources, procurement, ICT, finance and project management
- Good knowledge of computer proficiency, including working knowledge of MS Office products (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and web-based management systems
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in is required.
- Strong ability to work both independently as well as with a team without the need of continuous supervision and follow up
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates. The closing date for receipt of applications will be 15 October 2020. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please consider your application unsuccessful if you have not been contacted within 4 weeks of the closing date. THINK reserves the right in special circumstances to accept late applications or to extend the above date to facilitate further searches. Furthermore, THINK reserves the right not to make an appointment. Internal applicants will get preference for shortlisting. THINK is unable to provide relocation assistance. Queries can be directed to Faaria Alli – firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications are only accepted if received via the online portal found at:
APPLY NOWTo apply for any of the above positions please fill in your details below and upload your recent CV. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please consider your application unsuccessful if you have not been contacted within 4 weeks of the closing date.
Salaries are negotiable.
Please add recent payslip to submission.