Project Administrator – eThekwini
|Opportunity Type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Start Date:||1 September 2022|
|Location:||eThekwini KwaZulu-Natal Province|
|Application Closing Date:|
THINK is a non-profit organisation dedicated to improving the lives of those affected by TB and HIV. As a health delivery and research organisation, THINK engages with the local community, government consortia, and international funders to provide care for over 100,000 people in KwaZulu-Natal and carry out cutting-edge clinical research that has already contributed to changing treatment guidelines internationally and locally.
THINK is looking for a qualified Project Administrator to support the implementation of the THINK ADAPT project in eThekwini South District.
Duties and Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Alignment of Project objectives with THINK Strategic intent
- Support the setup of the Global Vax Project in THINK
- Alignment of administration compliance of the project with funder expectations and requirements
- Ensure that resources are available at all times to complete work allocated
- Support and schedule all meetings and activities
- Records minutes for all project meetings
- Manage the electronic filing system on SharePoint for the project
- Ensure that resources are available at all times to complete work allocated, by assigning the correct person the correct work.
- Ensure all materials/resources are available for each project.
- Ensure the supply of office supplies and stationery
- Support THINKs compliance and control processes
- Support other activities as requested
- Develop a project tracker to monitor project progress.
- Support the District Coordinator in planning and coordinating the team outreach schedules and communicate this to the teams
- Facilitate the procurement of supplies and equipment of the project
- Suggest and implement changes to the plan as needed
- Use project management tools to clearly communicate and organise the following:
- Lessons learnt
- Contingency plans
- Build, support and maintain healthy diverse interpersonal relationships with internal and external stakeholders Provide relevant support to applicable stakeholders to ensure team objectives are achieved
- Build rapport with THINK suppliers and strategic partners
- Provide training and development support to Project Staff
- Capacity building through attending advanced Project programmes
- Grade 12 – Matric Certificate
- Certificate in Project Management
- A minimum of 3-5 years’ experience as a Project administrator, Computer experience, competent in MS Office particularly MS Word and MS Excel
- Experience in a similar environment, procurement and customer service
- Valid Driver’s License
- Previous work experience in NGOs or funded programmes will be an advantage.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for appointment soonest. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please consider your application unsuccessful if you have not been contacted within four weeks of the closing date. THINK reserves the right in special circumstances to accept late applications or to extend the above date in order to facilitate further searches. Furthermore, THINK reserves the right not to make an appointment. Internal applicants will get preference for shortlisting. THINK is unable to provide relocation assistance.
Applications are only accepted if received via the online form below.