Professional Nurse (NIMDR) – Amajuba
Opportunity Type: Fixed term Contract
Start Date: November / December 2021
Location: KZN – Amajuba
Application Closing date: 13 October 2021
THINK is a non-profit organisation dedicated to improving the lives of those affected by TB and HIV/AIDS. As a health delivery and research organisation engaging with the local community, government and international funders, THINK has provided care to over 100,000 people in KwaZulu-Natal Province and carried out cutting-edge clinical research that has already contributed to changing TB Treatment Guidelines internationally and locally.
THINK is looking for a qualified Professional Nurse (NIMDR) to support the implementation of the THINK USAID TB LON project in KwaZulu Natal Districts. The aim of the project is to safeguard advances of TB treatment by strengthening the TB health care platform in the district. The Office Professional Nurse (NIMDR) will be based in KwaZulu-Natal Province (Amajuba) and report to the District Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Develop a long-term strategy to address the DRTB mentoring needs at the designated facilities
- Assist health facility teams in the development of clinical standards and procedures for DRTB services
- Support the integration of TB, HIV and NCDs aligned to PHC reengineering, ICSM and ideal clinic strategies
- Conduct and facilitate training related to DRTB, HIV and NCDs management, both clinical and managerial with the intension of improving TB treatment outcomes in the designated facilities
- Participate in other project management activities as the needs of the programme evolves
- Alignment of Project objectives with THINK Strategic intent
- Alignment with funder expectations and requirements
- Remain up to date with current DoH DR TB Guidelines and policies and ensure accurate dissemination of this information to facilities through training and ongoing mentoring
- Develop a mentoring plan to provide mentoring and technical assistance in the implementation and operationalization of the projects DRTB, HIV and NCDs interventions at health facility level
- Conduct situational analysis at allocated facilities to understand operational context of the facility.
- Participate in the development and implementation of quality improvement plans
- Establish and strengthen cluster review meetings
- Participate in facility meetings
- Provide guidance and technical support on DR-TB, and TB/HIV prevention, and treatment in line Collaborate with staff in facilities in activities related to
- Contact tracing of patients
- Alerting facilities of patients who have missed appointments
- Support the implementation of TB/HIV integration.
- Promoting infection prevention and control, including dissemination of infection control materials
- Conducting training and ongoing mentoring on DR-TB.
- Organize, attend and facilitate such workshops in liaison with other clinical teams.
- Support and mentor adherence counselling provision for patients on treatment across all facilities supported.
- Support and mentor the monitoring and reporting of adverse drug events for Second line TB medicines (ADSM).
- Ongoing capacity building for different cadres of health care workers on clinical management, infection control and ethics.
- Support implementation of EDR Web.
- Monitor and support project staff placed at facility and district level.
- Lead in baseline facility assessments.
- Support and mentor the implementation of latest TPT guidelines
- To assist and support with other duties as needed by the district (including DR TB Hotline coordination)
- Establish and/or strengthen regular in-facility and cluster data review meetings
- Support and participate in regular data clean up activities
- Collaborate with TB Nurse mentor for clinical chart audits
- Monitor availability and correct completion of DR TB stationary
- Regularly evaluate and analyse the progress, successes, and challenges with clients initiated on treatment, as part of Continuous Quality Improvement
- Submit reports (weekly, monthly, and quarterly) on programme indicators and progress.
- Perform quality checks on MDR-TB register/EDR web generated data in collaboration with data clerks
- Assist with Monitoring and Evaluation activities for the TB/DRTB, HIV and NCDs program
- Meet regularly with the program advisors and supervisor for effective programme implementation.
- Liaising with DOH district staff on procedures for diagnosis and treatment for DR-TB patients
- Initiating and sustaining linkages with health facilities and relevant NGOs
- Provide services to the surrounding communities
- Continuous engagement with district information officers and TB Clinical Leads
- Attend quarterly DRTB Technical Advisory Group Meetings
- Self-updating on DOH guidelines, policies and SOPs available on project share point platform
- Capacity building through attending appropriate training programmes
- Perform duties as required
- Contribute to the betterment of THINK
- Ensure THINK vision, mission and values are reflected in all job outcomes
- Perform other duties as required
Essential Qualifications and Experience
- Degree or diploma in Nursing, registration with SANC
- Three to five years’ experience in HIV and TB screening, counselling, testing and linkage, at least 2-3 years’ experience with managing TB or HIV positive patients at PHC level
Preferred attributes and experience
- Basic TB Management certificate, Further Counselling Certificates including Knowledge of TB and TB Treatment
- Experience the NGO environment, 2 -4years’ experience in TB/HIV programmes
- Clear criminal record
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates. The closing date for receipt of applications will be 08 October 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please consider your application unsuccessful if you have not been contacted within 4 weeks of the closing date. THINK reserves the right in special circumstances to accept late applications or to extend the above date to facilitate further searches. Furthermore, THINK reserves the right not to make an appointment. Internal applicants will get preference for shortlisting. THINK is unable to provide relocation assistance. Queries can be directed to HR Officer, Nqobile Msweliemail@example.com.
Applications are only accepted if received via the online form below:
APPLY NOWTo apply for any of the above positions please fill in your details below and upload your recent CV. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please consider your application unsuccessful if you have not been contacted within 4 weeks of the closing date.
Salaries are negotiable.
Please add recent payslip to submission.
"*" indicates required fields