Professional Nurse – King Dinuzulu Hospital, Durban
Notice of Job Opportunity at THINK
THINK: Tuberculosis & HIV Investigative Network is a research organisation focusing on developing tools and people that will combat tuberculosis, HIV and associated ailments. We believe our passion to make the world a better place will benefit the patients we endeavour to help – now and in the future, locally and globally – as well as make a difference in the lives of each of our colleagues and fellow human beings. THINK is currently looking for a Paediatric Professional Nurse to join the THINK team at our Clinical Trial Unit at King Dinuzulu Hospital, Durban
The following position is available:
Employees are selected based on shared personal and organisational goals and values. The expectation is that employees come to identify strongly with both the organisation and its mission and that the shared set of Core Values give the employees an internal guideline for how to behave in order to fulfil the organisation’s mission.
Minimal requirements for the available position include:
- Professional Nurse qualification
- Good communication skills
- Valid motor vehicle drivers’ licence
- Paediatric experience
- Research experience
- TB & HIV experience
- GCP certificate
- Phlebotomy certificate
Responsibilities under the supervision of the Site Manager and Principal Investigator:
- Recruitment and screening of potential participants
- Collecting and maintaining accurate contact details for study participants
- Tracking of patients lost to follow-up and ensuring study visit completion
- Performing home visitations for patients and parents
- Provide treatment adherence support and providing DOT
- Taking Informed consent from study participants and parents
- Perform clinical nursing duties to assist the investigator with the work-up and management of study participants including phlebotomy, visual acuity, ECG’s, sputum collection, gastric washing and administering study drugs.
- Counselling study participants and parents prior to certain procedures as well as providing continuous patient/parent education.
- Performing administrative duties such as completing study documents and resolving data queries
- Assist with the daily running of the study
- Liaise and work well with the department of health (DOH) wards and hospital staff
- Perform ongoing training for DOH staff
The closing date for receipt of application will be 29 MAR 2019. THINK reserves the right to accept late applications or to extend the above date in order facilitate further searches. Applications must be made online at www.thinksa.org.za/contact/jobs/ Queries can be directed to Seshni Moorgas at 031 3031120.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.