Principal Investigator (Proposal)
Location: To be Confirmed
THINK is a non-profit organisation dedicated to improving the lives of those affected by TB and HIV. As a health delivery and research organisation, THINK engages with the local community, government consortia, and international funders to provide care for over 100,000 people in KwaZulu-Natal and carry out cutting-edge clinical research that has already contributed to changing treatment guidelines internationally and locally.
THINK is looking for a skilled and qualified Principal Investigator to have the overall responsibility of leadership and management and reporting of project activities. He/she will be responsible for making key decisions and solving problems in short timeframes while ensuring operational and project quality. He/she will serve as the project’s main point of contact with the funder on routine and strategic matters. He/she will also ensure effective organizational management and communication with the host country government at all levels. The Principal Investigator will be based in in KwaZulu-Natal Province.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide high quality technical and strategic leadership, managerial oversight, and administration of the project.
- Serve as the primary project liaison from THINK to the funder and be accountable for the achievement of results, ensuring quality of services is maintained at the highest standard, and that all project objectives and deliverables are met; responsible for ensuring prompt communication with the funder and THINK through meetings, emails and telephone calls, and open and transparent communication and responsiveness to funder requests.
- Develop (update and adapt as needed) and execute annual work plans per agreement requirements and within the Department of Health, and PEPFAR frameworks.
- Foster and maintain collaborations with key partners, including Department of Health and PEPFAR implementing partners (IPs) for optimal implementation of technical assistance and program activities.
- Ensure appropriate and timely documentation and dissemination of key results and deliverables for maximum project impact using a variety of communication strategies and media.
- Ensure effective agreement implementation in strict compliance with funder agreement, and US government (USG) policies and regulations.
- Provide managerial and technical project support throughout the project design and implementation, overseeing key personnel, long- and short-term technical assistance, and other organizations involved.
- Supervise the Business Official to ensure efficient function in administrative, financial and human resource functions, processes and maintain adequate internal controls
- Direct and supervise senior advisors and identify needs and develop statement of Work for additional long- and short-term staff as contract needs change over time.
- Ensure the completion of all project deliverables and results, on time and within budget, including all project monitoring and the production and submission of all quarterly, semi-annual, annual, and final reports.
- Build and maintain strong working relations with key internal and external stakeholders, beneficiaries, prime and subcontractors, suppliers and partners.
- Perform other duties as required
Essential qualifications and experience
- A Medical degree with a Master’s degree in social or medical sciences recognised in South Africa. Actively registered with the HPCSA
- PhD, MPH, HIV Management Diploma will be added advantage
- 5-7 years’ experience in the health sector, especially HIV and TB Knowledge advantageous
- At least 10 years of working experience in public health.
- Knowledge and prior work experience in leading Project desirable
- Demonstrable experience in TB and HIV/AIDS Programs
- Strong diagnostic, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Possess strong project management and interpersonal skills.
- Proven working knowledge and fluency in written and oral English required.
- Be value added for THINK
- Good verbal communication skills
- Valid Driver’s Licence
- Have a clear criminal record
Please note: this position is contingent upon securing award
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for appointment soonest. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Only candidates who have met the required experience & qualifications for this position will be contacted. Internal applicants will get preference for shortlisting. THINK is unable to provide relocation assistance. Any queries can be directed to HR Department.
Applications are only accepted if received via the online form below:
APPLY NOWTo apply for any of the above positions please fill in your details below and upload your recent CV. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please consider your application unsuccessful if you have not been contacted within 4 weeks of the closing date.
Salaries are negotiable.
Please add recent payslip to submission.
"*" indicates required fields