Pharmacist – Hillcrest
Opportunity Type: Fixed Term Contract (20hrs a week)
Start Date: 1st September 2021
Location: KwaZulu-Natal Province Hillcrest
Application Closing Date: 20th August 2021
THINK is a non-profit organisation dedicated to improving the lives of those affected by TB and HIV. As a health delivery and research organisation, THINK engages with the local community, government consortia, and international funders to provide care for over 100,000 people in KwaZulu-Natal and carry out cutting-edge clinical research that has already contributed to changing treatment guidelines internationally and locally.
THINK is looking to appoint a pharmacist for the management and accountability of study trial medication under the supervision of a Principal Investigator. The successful incumbent will be based in KwaZulu-Natal Province in Hillcrest.
Duties and Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Maintaining study pharmacy files and documentation
- Maintaining storage recommendations for the study drug
- Assist with the ordering and disposal of study drug
- Assist with study drug preparation, packing and counting, labeling and maintaining of associated documents
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Other project management activities may occur as the needs of this project evolve
- Perform other duties as required
- Bachelor of Pharmacy with at least 1 year of experience in either the Department of health or the private sector
- A valid registration with the SAPC
- Knowledge of South Africa’s current evident-based TB/DR-TB and TB-HIV investigations and treatment
- Knowledge and sensitivity to working with multi-cultural groups
- Previous work experience in NGOs or funded programmes will be an advantage.
- Valid Driver’s Licence required
- Clear Criminal Record
- Research or Clinical Trial Experience
- Current GCP Certificate
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for appointment soonest. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please consider your application unsuccessful if you have not been contacted within 4 weeks of the closing date. THINK reserves the right in special circumstances to accept late applications or to extend the above date in order to facilitate further searches. Furthermore, THINK reserves the right not to make an appointment. Internal applicants will get preference for shortlisting. THINK is unable to provide relocation assistance. For any queries contact HR Department
Applications are only accepted if received via the online form below:
APPLY NOWTo apply for any of the above positions please fill in your details below and upload your recent CV. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please consider your application unsuccessful if you have not been contacted within 4 weeks of the closing date.
Salaries are negotiable.
Please add recent payslip to submission.
"*" indicates required fields