Opportunity Type: Fixed Term Contract
Start Date: 1st April 2021
Location: Hillcrest Head Office – KwaZulu-Natal Province
Application Closing Date: 10th March 2021
THINK is a non-profit organisation dedicated to improving the lives of those affected by TB and HIV. As a health delivery and research organisation, THINK engages with the local community, government consortia, and international funders to provide care for over 100,000 people in KwaZulu-Natal and carry out cutting-edge clinical research that has already contributed to changing treatment guidelines internationally and locally.
THINK is looking for a skilled and qualified Pharmacist to coordinate and support pharmaceutical services activities within the THINK USAID TB LON project in KwaZulu Natal Districts. Pharmacist will be based in Hillcrest Head office in KwaZulu-Natal Province
Duties and Responsibilities
- Establish strategic partnerships with relevant partners within the province
- Provide pharmaceutical management support for the districts
- Support for PTCs and ensures that PTCs are conducted according to policy and all standing agenda items are included
- Support guideline implementation
- Support pharmacovigilance and medicine safety activities
- Review ADR database and design interventions to promote the use of information
- Support the development and publication of the PV bulletin
- Assist with trends analysis and ensure feedback is provided for ADRs reported, CCMDD, SVS, Antimicrobial Stewardship (AMS) and medicine use evaluations to be presented at PTC
- Support implementation and functional use of ESMS
- Contribute to the development of operational research studies aimed at improving the delivery of pharmaceutical services, rational use of medicines and medicine availability
- Monthly and quarterly reporting of programme activities to both DoH and THINK
- Co-ordinate pharmacy related training, develop and implement differentiated training and other skills development within the province
- Liaise with the Provincial Medicines Liaison Officers and other stakeholders for effective programme coordination, implementation and reporting
- Monitor compliance to the Pharmaceutical Services Dashboard
- Assist Developing and/or review of policy for medicine supply management in the province
- Provide TA support for the implementation of automated dispensing units
- Perform other duties as required
Essential qualifications and experience
- Pharm Degree
- Master’s in Public Health will be advantageous
- Registration with the South African Pharmacy Council
- 3-5 years post Community Service
- Previous public sector experience preferably within TB field
- Knowledge of South African health services
- Valid Code 08 Drivers licence will be an advantage
- Must not have a criminal record.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for appointment soonest. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please consider your application unsuccessful if you have not been contacted within 4 weeks of the closing date. THINK reserves the right in special circumstances to accept late applications or to extend the above date in order to facilitate further searches. Furthermore, THINK reserves the right not to make an appointment. Internal applicants will get preference for shortlisting. THINK is unable to provide relocation assistance.
Applications are only accepted if received via the online portal found at:
APPLY NOWTo apply for any of the above positions please fill in your details below and upload your recent CV. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please consider your application unsuccessful if you have not been contacted within 4 weeks of the closing date.
Salaries are negotiable.
Please add recent payslip to submission.