Position: Payroll Officer
Opportunity Type: Fixed Term Contract
Start Date: TBC
Location: Hillcrest Head Office – KwaZulu-Natal Province
Application Closing Date: 30th April 2021
THINK is a non-profit organisation dedicated to improving the lives of those affected by TB and HIV. As a health delivery and research organisation, THINK engages with the local community, government consortia, and international funders to provide care for over 100,000 people in KwaZulu-Natal and carry out cutting-edge clinical research that has already contributed to changing treatment guidelines internationally and locally.
THINK is looking for a skilled and qualified Payroll Officer. The incumbent will be responsible for providing a specialized Payroll support to the organization and ensuring accurate and compliant payroll processing. The Payroll Officer will be based in Hillcrest Head office in KwaZulu-Natal Province
Duties and Responsibilities
- To process and administer the organisation payroll
- Process salaries, payslips, and reconciling monthly allowances
- Submit all statutory returns as per legislative requirements
- Leave management
- Handling maternity leave applications
- Coordinates UIF for Maternity, terminated staff, and all other payroll administration
- Handling general HR and payroll queries
- Perform other duties as required
Essential qualifications and experience
- Degree or Diploma in Finance, Accounting, or Human Resources
- Payroll System Certificate
- 3-4 years experience in HR and Payroll environment
- Strong Knowledge of Sage People 300 payroll System
- Previous work experience at an NGO sector will be an advantage
- Ability to plan and organise time effectively and meet deadlines
- Good verbal communication skills
- Valid Code 08 Drivers licence will be an advantage
- Must have a clear criminal record.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for appointment soonest. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please consider your application unsuccessful if you have not been contacted within 4 weeks of the closing date. THINK reserves the right in special circumstances to accept late applications or to extend the above date in order to facilitate further searches. Furthermore, THINK reserves the right not to make an appointment. Internal applicants will get preference for shortlisting. THINK is unable to provide relocation assistance.
Applications are only accepted if received via the online form below:
APPLY NOWTo apply for any of the above positions please fill in your details below and upload your recent CV. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please consider your application unsuccessful if you have not been contacted within 4 weeks of the closing date.
Salaries are negotiable.
Please add recent payslip to submission.