Outreach Officers x 6 – eThekwini and uMkhanyakude
Position: Outreach Officers x 6
Opportunity type: Fixed term Contract
Start date: May 2020
Location: eThekwini and uMkhanyakude District
Application Closing date: 26 April 2021
THINK is a non-profit organisation dedicated to improving the lives of those affected by TB and HIV. As a health delivery and research organisation, THINK engages with the local community, government consortia, and international funders to provide care for over 100,000 people in KwaZulu-Natal and carry out cutting-edge clinical research that has already contributed to changing treatment guidelines internationally and locally.
THINK is looking for qualified Outreach Officers to support the implementation of the THINK USAID TB LON project in KwaZulu Natal Districts. The aim of the project is to safeguard advances of TB treatment by strengthening the TB health care platform in the district. The Outreach Officers will be based in eThekwini and uMkhanyakude Districts
Duties and Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Manage and enter data into electronic system to support systematic tracking and monitoring of TB patients in eThekwini and uMkhanyakude Districts
- Daily/ weekly retrieval and dissemination of NHLS TB results to relevant health care facilities (Including rifampicin alerts)
- Tracking of patient management information throughout patient treatment period
- Daily communication with hospital staff, health care facilities and THINK programme staff to ensure efficient and timely linkage to care and adherence support is provided to all patients
- Develop and support efficient communication systems between the hospital, clinics and outreach teams
- Support health care facilities and outreach teams to ensure contact tracing is being implemented
- Strengthen linkage to care for patients between the DOH Hospital, clinics and outreach teams
- Monitor and support the implementation of the Enhanced Adherence intervention
- Perform other duties as required
- Work closely with DOH clinics, WBOTs and CCGs to trace and link to care all DR and DS TB patients
- Support WBOTS and DOH tracing teams to ensure contract tracing and screening is carried out on TB patient household and workplaces
- Provide DOT support to patients and families through engagement with WBOTs and CCGs
- Monitor and coordinate drug adherence via home visits and frequent contact with treatment supporters
- Perform administrative duties such as providing intervention data and resolving data queries
- Provide necessary information to the THINK Linkage Officers for maintenance of online application (CATT)
- When needed assist with transportation of patients and any other driving requirements
- Perform other duties as required
- Matric with tertiary qualification in health care activities
- Strong IT skills with knowledge of MS Office software packages
- Knowledge of TB and DR TB
- Experience in community health programmes and working with DOH health care facilities
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships with stakeholders and clients
- Good verbal communication skills
- Valid Code 08 Drivers licence
- Clear criminal record
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for appointment soonest. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please consider your application unsuccessful if you have not been contacted within 4 weeks of the closing date. THINK reserves the right in special circumstances to accept late applications or to extend the above date in order to facilitate further searches. Furthermore, THINK reserves the right not to make an appointment. THINK is unable to provide relocation assistance.
Applications are only accepted if received via the online form below:
APPLY NOWTo apply for any of the above positions please fill in your details below and upload your recent CV. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please consider your application unsuccessful if you have not been contacted within 4 weeks of the closing date.
Salaries are negotiable.
Please add recent payslip to submission.