Outreach Officer – uMkhanyakude
Opportunity type: Fixed Term Contract
Starting date: January 2022
Location: uMkhanyakude District
Opportunity closing date: 10 December 2021
THINK is a non-profit organisation dedicated to improving the lives of those affected by TB and HIV. As a health delivery and research organisation, THINK engages with the local community, government consortia, and international funders to provide care for over 100,000 people in KwaZulu-Natal and carry out cutting-edge clinical research that has already contributed to changing treatment guidelines internationally and locally.
THINK is looking to appoint a skilled Outreach Officer to support the implementation THINK USAID TB LON project in KwaZulu Natal Districts. The successful incumbent will be responsible for overseeing community outreach, recruitment of eligible participants, retention of enrolled participants and the supervision of Community Outreach Activities. The Outreach Officer will interact regularly with the stakeholders’ point persons on this project to ensure that project development is in line with stakeholder’s priorities and that proper technical assistance is being provided to ensure transfer of knowledge. Outreach Officer will be based in uMkhanyakude District.
Duties and Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Work closely with DOH clinics, WBOTs and CCGs to trace and link to care all DR patients in area of responsibility
- Support WBOTS and DOH tracing teams to ensure contract tracing and screening is carried out on DR patient household and workplaces
- Provide DOT support to patients and families through engagement with WBOTs and CCGs
- Monitor and coordinate drug adherence via home visits and frequent contact with treatment supporters
- Perform administrative duties such as providing intervention data and resolving data queries
- Provide necessary information to the THINK Linkage Officers for maintenance of online application (CATT)
- When needed assist with transportation of patients and any other driving requirements
- Perform other duties as required
- Contribute to betterment of THINK
- Ensure THINK vision, mission and values are reflected in all job outcomes
- Perform other duties as required
- Matric with two years’ work experience is an advantage for the position
- Good Knowledge of TB and DR TB and experience as a community health facilitator will be advantageous
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships with stakeholders and clients
- Good verbal communication skills and good computer/IT skills
- Valid Code 08 Drivers licence
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for appointment soonest. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please consider your application unsuccessful if you have not been contacted within 4 weeks of the closing date. THINK reserves the right in special circumstances to accept late applications or to extend the above date in order to facilitate further searches. Furthermore, THINK reserves the right not to make an appointment. Internal applicants will get preference for shortlisting. THINK is unable to provide relocation assistance.
Applications are only accepted if received via the online form below:
APPLY NOWTo apply for any of the above positions please fill in your details below and upload your recent CV. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please consider your application unsuccessful if you have not been contacted within 4 weeks of the closing date.
Salaries are negotiable.
Please add recent payslip to submission.
"*" indicates required fields