M&E Coordinator – eThekwini
Position: M&E Coordinator
Opportunity Type: Fixed Term Contract – 12 months
Start Date: 1 January 2021
Application Closing Date: Subject to applicant suitability
THINK is a non-profit organisation dedicated to improving the lives of those affected by TB and HIV/AIDS. As a health delivery and research organisation, THINK engages with the local community, government consortia, and international funders to provide care for over 100,000 people in KwaZulu-Natal Province and carries out cutting-edge clinical research that has already contributed to changing TB Treatment Guidelines internationally and locally.
Reporting to the M&E Manager and District Manager, the M&E Coordinator will support the data collection, management, and monitoring components of the THINK USAID (SAFT) Project in uMgungundlovu District, KwaZulu-Natal Province. The aim of the SAFT Project is to safeguard advances of TB treatment by strengthening the MDR TB health care platform in the uMgungundlovu District. The M&E Coordinator will be based at THINK uMgungundlovu District Office
Duties and Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Collect, enter and ensure accuracy of project intervention data
- Conduct process monitoring of the SAFT Program including conducting data quality audits
- Implement monitoring arrangements to ensure that project monitoring arrangements comply with SAFT MEL Plan
- Conduct periodic site data quality checks, identify and implement requisite interventions to ensure data quality and efficient data collection from site level
- Collect, enter and analyse data from project interventions
- Guide programme staff in the development, implementation and measuring of QI initiatives
- Identify and report on QI successes
- Assist M&E Advisor and Manager with creating data-collection templates and processes
- Perform other duties as required
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline (e.g. public health, social sciences, demography, biostatistics)
- Minimum 6 years working experience managing integrated TB / HIV/AIDS related data, including data management
- Strong IT skills with knowledge of MS Office software packages
- Experience working with EDR and Tier. Net systems
- Knowledge of TB and DR TB will be an added advantage
- Good verbal communication and writing skills
- Valid Code 08 Drivers licence
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates. The closing date for receipt of applications will be subject to applicant suitability. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please consider your application unsuccessful if you have not been contacted within 4 weeks of the closing date. THINK reserves the right in special circumstances to accept late applications or to extend the above date to facilitate further searches. Furthermore, THINK reserves the right not to make an appointment. Internal applicants will get preference for shortlisting. THINK is unable to provide relocation assistance. Queries can be directed to HR Officer, N Msweli– firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications are only accepted if received via the online portal found at:
APPLY NOWTo apply for any of the above positions please fill in your details below and upload your recent CV. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please consider your application unsuccessful if you have not been contacted within 4 weeks of the closing date.
Salaries are negotiable.
Please add recent payslip to submission.