M&E Coordinator – eThekwini
|Opportunity Type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Start Date:||1 September 2022|
|Location:||eThekwini KwaZulu-Natal Province|
|Application Closing Date:||10 August 2022|
THINK is a non-profit organisation dedicated to improving the lives of those affected by TB and HIV. As a health delivery and research organisation, THINK engages with the local community, government consortia, and international funders to provide care for over 100,000 people in KwaZulu-Natal and carry out cutting-edge clinical research that has already contributed to changing treatment guidelines internationally and locally.
THINK is looking for a qualified M&E Coordinator to support the implementation of the THINK ADAPT project in eThekwini South District.
Duties and Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Provide guidance/mentorship to the data clerks
- Alignment of Project objectives with THINK Strategic intent
- Ensure the setup of a project database and ensure alignment with the reporting of programme indicators as per the funder specifications
- Ensure data quality activities are aligned with donor requirements
- Support M&E TA on the ADAPT project
- Provide data analysis for weekly, monthly and quarterly reporting
- Responsible for ensuring timely, high-quality data collection, entry, analysis and reporting by national partner M&E teams across districts of operation.
- Compile and share data collection and entry timelines to all data collectors
- Support field data collection exercises whenever necessary. Prepare, compile and sort filled forms for data entry.
- Check source documents/ filled forms for accuracy and completeness.
- Obtain further information for incomplete documents and update data whenever necessary
- Accurately enter data from source documents/ forms into Database.
- Analyse any data entry errors and address with project staff and Project Manager.
- Check completed work/ entered data for accuracy
- Maintain a record of activities/ tasks undertaken.
- Respond to requests for information and access relevant files
- Comply with data integrity and security policies e.g., POPIA
- Support data quality assessments
- Continuous engagement with donor M&E team
- Continued internal stakeholder engagements with M&E district supporting staff
- Regular external stakeholder engagements with DoH to ensure project deliverables are achieved
- Regular internal stakeholder engagements i.e., Project Manager and district coordinator where necessary
- Provide training and development support to Data Clerks
- Capacity building through attending advanced M&E programs
- Grade 12 – Matric Certificate
- An appropriate tertiary qualification such as a certification in monitoring and evaluation and/or data management
- Degree in a quantitative field such as econometrics or statistics; Demography, Development Studies, Social Sciences, Information Technology and any other related disciplines
- At least 3 years work experience on development projects where research and data analysis skills have been applied, preferably under PEPFAR/USAID programs. Good working knowledge RedCap, MS excel
- Valid Driver’s License
- Experience with MIS systems and electronic databases Clear criminal record
- Previous work experience in NGOs or funded programmes will be an advantage.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for appointment soonest. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please consider your application unsuccessful if you have not been contacted within four weeks of the closing date. THINK reserves the right in special circumstances to accept late applications or to extend the above date in order to facilitate further searches. Furthermore, THINK reserves the right not to make an appointment. Internal applicants will get preference for shortlisting. THINK is unable to provide relocation assistance.
Applications are only accepted if received via the online form below.