M&E Advisor (Proposal)
Location: To be Confirmed
THINK is a non-profit organisation dedicated to improving the lives of those affected by TB and HIV. As a health delivery and research organisation, THINK engages with the local community, government consortia, and international funders to provide care for over 100,000 people in KwaZulu-Natal and carry out cutting-edge clinical research that has already contributed to changing treatment guidelines internationally and locally.
THINK is looking for a skilled and qualified M & E Advisor will be responsible for the design of the project’s monitoring and evaluation agenda and the creation of systems to measure and document program process, output and impact data results by routinely and systematically collecting, analysing and presenting program data for project staff, partners as well as the donors. The M & E Advisor will be based in in KwaZulu-Natal Province.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure the establishment and implementation of an effective and efficient system to monitor progress, impacts and successes of project activities and performance at all levels.
- Develop, manage and implement the project’s M&E systems, including relevant performance indicators, baselines, and annual targets and ensure compliance to the funder requirements.
- Responsible for providing regular activity reports to the funder, including annual, quarterly, and monthly reports, and for developing special reports as needed.
- Regularly review and update the project’s M&E plan.
- Provide technical leadership in the development and implementation of overall monitoring and evaluation framework for project implementation in selected intervention areas.
- Support improved data collection, analysis, and use of key health indicators by the funder and local partners, for timely and effective decision making and planning.
- Review and adapt tools and create standardized tools and indicators to measure health facility and community-based interventions that capture relevant outcomes.
- Provide M&E technical support and training to the Project team including tool design, preparation of statistical tables, data entry and analysis using statistical packages, and dissemination of lessons learned and best practices.
- Perform other duties as required
Essential qualifications and experience
- An appropriate degree in Public Health, Social, Statistics, Information or in related/relevant field.PhD will be an advantage
- MPH qualification with specialization in epidemiology and/or monitoring and evaluation of health programmes
- Demonstrated a minimum of ten (10) years of professional experience of progressively increasing responsibility in the monitoring & Evaluation of public health programs in South Africa,preferably Tuberculosis.
- At least five (5) years of experience of working in the areas of TB, DR-TB, HIV, and public health. Good knowledge of TB diagnosis and treatment.
- Working knowledge of and/or experience with Donor program management, policies, regulations, and procedures are desirable.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to work independently and with team members and partners at all levels
- Excellent English language skills and written and oral communication skills
- A valid Driver’s License and own transport
- Have a clear criminal record
Please note: this position is contingent upon securing award
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for appointment soonest. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Only candidates who have met the required experience & qualifications for this position will be contacted. Internal applicants will get preference for shortlisting. THINK is unable to provide relocation assistance. Any queries can be directed to HR Department.
Applications are only accepted if received via the online form below:
APPLY NOWTo apply for any of the above positions please fill in your details below and upload your recent CV. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please consider your application unsuccessful if you have not been contacted within 4 weeks of the closing date.
Salaries are negotiable.
Please add recent payslip to submission.
"*" indicates required fields