Linkage Officer – uMgungundlovu
Position: Linkage Officer
Opportunity Type: Fixed Term Contract
Start Date: 15th July 2021
Location: KwaZulu-Natal Province – uMgungundlovu
Application Closing Date: 28 June 2021
THINK is a non-profit organisation dedicated to improving the lives of those affected by TB and HIV. As a health delivery and research organisation, THINK engages with the local community, government consortia, and international funders to provide care for over 100,000 people in KwaZulu-Natal and carry out cutting-edge clinical research that has already contributed to changing treatment guidelines internationally and locally.
THINK is seeking to appoint suitable Linkage Officer to support the implementation of the THINK USAID TB LON project in KwaZulu Natal Districts. The aim of the project is to safeguard advances of TB treatment by strengthening the TB health care platform in the district. The Linkage Officer will be based in KwaZulu-Natal Province in uMgungundlovu.
Duties and Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Manage and enter data into the THINK online application system to support systematic tracking and monitoring of MDR TB patients
- Daily retrieval and dissemination of NHLS MDR TB results to relevant health care facilities
- Tracking of patient management information throughout patient treatment period
- Strengthen linkage to care for patients between the DOH Hospital, clinics and outreach teams.
- Monitor and support the implementation of the Enhanced Adherence intervention
- Daily communication with hospital staff, health care facilities and THINK programme staff to ensure efficient and timely linkage to care and adherence support is provided to all patients
- Support health care facilities and outreach teams to ensure contact tracing is being implemented
- Develop and support efficient communication systems between the hospital, clinics and outreach teams
- Work with the TB team to improve the quality of care, retention in care and adherence to treatment for TB patients.
- Responsible to improve the quality of care, retention in care and adherence to treatment for TB patients.
- Capacity building through attending appropriate training programmes
- Perform other duties as required
- Grade 12 – Matric Certificate
- 2-3 years’ experience in HIV and TB screening, counselling, testing and linkage services and welcome back strategy
- Understanding of the importance of the universal test and treat (UTT) policy, notably linkage to care and retention of clients in care
- Good communication skills and ability to communicate in English, isiZulu and/or another South African language
- Work experience in HIV and TB programme implementation
- Good understanding of the South African public health national and provincial policies
- Solid experience in and knowledge of partnering with multiple stakeholders
- Extensive experience with client tracking (via telephone and in person through home visits)
- Previous work experience in NGOs or funded programmes will be an advantage.
- Computer literacy and competence in Microsoft software (MS Word, Excel)
- Knowledge of HIV strategies, including the UNAIDS 95-95-95 targets, and TB management.
- Clean Criminal Record
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for appointment soonest. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please consider your application unsuccessful if you have not been contacted within 4 weeks of the closing date. THINK reserves the right in special circumstances to accept late applications or to extend the above date in order to facilitate further searches. Furthermore, THINK reserves the right not to make an appointment. Internal applicants will get preference for shortlisting. THINK is unable to provide reallocation assistance. For any queries, contact HR Department.
Applications are only accepted if received via the online form below:
APPLY NOWTo apply for any of the above positions please fill in your details below and upload your recent CV. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please consider your application unsuccessful if you have not been contacted within 4 weeks of the closing date.
Salaries are negotiable.
Please add recent payslip to submission.
"*" indicates required fields