Junior Professional Nurse: Doris Goodwin Hospital, Pietermaritzburg
Work place: THINK Clinical Trial Unit at Doris Goodwin Hospital, Pietermaritzburg
Employees are selected based on shared personal and organisational goals and values. The expectation is that
employees come to identify strongly with both the organisation and its mission and that the shared set of Core
Values give the employees an internal guideline for how to behave in order to fulfil the organisation’s mission.
- Professional Nurse
- Good communication skills
- Valid motor vehicle drivers licence
- Research experience
- TB & HIV experience
- GCP certificate
Responsibilities under the supervision of the Site Manager and Principal Investigator:
- Collecting and maintaining accurate contact details for study participants and tracking of persons lost to
follow-up and ensuring study visit completion
- Provide treatment adherence support and providing DOT,
- Taking Informed consent from study participant
- Perform clinical nursing duties to assist the investigator with the work-up and management of study
participants including phlebotomy, performing ECG’s, sputum collection and administering study drugs.
- Counselling study participants prior to certain procedures as well as providing continuous patient
- Performing administrative duties such as completing study documents and resolving data queries
- Assist with the daily running of the study
The closing date for receipt of application will be 19 February 2019. THINK reserves the right to accept late applications or to extend the above date in order facilitate further searches. Applications must be made online at www.thinksa.org.za/contact/jobs/ Queries can be directed to Samantha Aucock at 033 3980054. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.