Opportunity Type: Fixed term Contract
Start Date: 1 October 2021
Location: eThekwini – Hillcrest
Application Closing date: 6 September 2021
THINK is a non-profit organisation dedicated to improving the lives of those affected by TB and HIV/AIDS. As a health delivery and research organisation engaging with the local community, government and international funders, THINK has provided care to over 100,000 people in KwaZulu-Natal Province and carried out cutting-edge clinical research that has already contributed to changing TB Treatment Guidelines internationally and locally.
THINK is looking for a qualified candidate to fill the role of IT Officer for a USAID-funded project aimed to strengthen the health care delivery platform for TB in the provinces of KwaZulu-Natal and Eastern Cape.
The IT Officer will be primarily responsible to oversee and facilitate the IT function of the entire project and based at the Head Office in Hillcrest, Durban. This position is responsible for day to day management of the IT environment, including the coordination and oversight of projects relating to system development and/or equipment. The IT Officer is responsible for leading IT projects efficiently and effectively and supporting the organisation’s users with THINK communication and IT infrastructure and systems. This involves installation and configuration of IT infrastructure, staff training, and operations of IT activities in all the district offices across KwaZulu Natal. The IT Officer will work closely with the Head Office IT Officer and all program sectors to ensure proper ICT functioning.
Duties and Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Manage all aspects of the implementation and operation of information and functional systems for the organization, including software applications, network, phone systems and end-user computers
- Manage multiple cloud based, hosted systems
- Manage communications and working relationships between IT and other departments within the organization as well as multiple outside IT service providers
- Provide help desk and technical services assistance to on-site and remote employees
- Provide technical support for THINK external communication strategy via website support and maintenance and maintaining corporate presentation standards
- Design, develop, implement, and coordinate policies and procedures for all areas of information technology to assure data accuracy, security, legal and regulatory compliance; assure compliance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Implement, maintain, and ensure maximum uptime for telephone and audio-visual systems
- Ensure security of information technology assets, data, network access, and backup systems and supervise agreed audits to verify the security of internal and external systems
- Act in alignment with user needs and system functionality to contribute to organizational growth
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to develop and maintain an IT roadmap
- Manage annual IT budget and ensure cost effectiveness
- Develop requirements, outlines, budgets, and schedules for information technology projects
- Oversee all phases of projects from conception to completion
- Serve as the technical lead for system implementation projects
- Bring consistency to project execution and life cycle management of systems
- The ideal applicant should hold a degree Information Technology or Computer Science
- A Postgraduate degree will be added advantage
- Microsoft certification (MCSE, MCSA, MCP) and ITIL Foundations
- Minimum of 3 Years’ experience in IT
- Experience with the following systems Sage Pastel, Sharepoint, Power BI
- Experience win software development and website development will be an added advantage
- Computer Operations training, or experience in a multi-operation system or production control environment preferred.
- Technical Relevant desktop support experience with a strong knowledge of Windows 7 / 10 and MS Office Suite and SharePoint
- In depth and up to date knowledge of relevant hardware, software and latest IT trends
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Willingness and ability to travel domestically on occasion is required
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates. The closing date for receipt of applications will be Subject to applicant suitability. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please consider your application unsuccessful if you have not been contacted within 4 weeks of the closing date. THINK reserves the right in special circumstances to accept late applications or to extend the above date to facilitate further searches. Furthermore, THINK reserves the right not to make an appointment. Internal applicants will get preference for shortlisting. THINK is unable to provide relocation assistance. Queries can be directed to HR Officer, Nqobile Msweli – email@example.com.
Applications are only accepted if received via the online form below:
APPLY NOWTo apply for any of the above positions please fill in your details below and upload your recent CV. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please consider your application unsuccessful if you have not been contacted within 4 weeks of the closing date.
Salaries are negotiable.
Please add recent payslip to submission.
"*" indicates required fields