Information and Technology Officer (IT Officer)
Opportunity closing date: 30 October 2019
Position: Information and Technology Officer (IT Officer)
Opportunity type: Employment
THINK is a non-profit organisation dedicated to improving the lives of those affected by TB and HIV. As a health delivery and research organisation, THINK engages with the local community, government consortia, and international funders to provide care for over 100,000 people in KwaZulu-Natal and carry out cutting-edge clinical research that has already contributed to changing treatment guidelines internationally and locally. THINK is looking to appoint a diligent and passionate person to join the team as IT Officer.
The IT Officer will be based at the Head Office in Hillcrest, KwaZulu Natal.
Reports to: The Chief Finance Officer
Roles and Responsibilities of the HR Officer
The IT Officer will be responsible for providing technical support to users including performing desktop software and hardware Installation, troubleshooting problem areas and providing end user assistance where required.
Working under the supervision of the Chief Finance Officer, the IT Officer will perform specific duties including but not limited to:
- Provide technical support and advice as required
- Adapt a proactive approach and responsibility in providing IT support and advice
- Train personnel on IT systems
- Respond to IT support requests in a timely fashion to ensure minimum disruption to workflow
- Responsible for the maintenance of Microsoft SharePoint intranet and web site ensuring they are populated with current data at all times.
- IT system administration and maintenance
- Install, maintain, upgrade and repair a wide range of IT equipment
- Rectify problems relating to the malfunction of IT equipment including software
- Install and upgrade both systems and application software as required adhering to all licensing regulations
- Maintain an inventory of computer hardware and software
- Perform preventive maintenance duties on items of IT hardware
- Monitor and maintain general IT consumable stock to ensure adequate supplies are available in timely and costeffective manner
- Note risks to IT systems and suggest precautions.
- Liaise with suppliers and external support companies as appropriate
- Provide assistance and support with the implementation of the IT Strategy.
Qualifications and experience:
- Grade 12 with 2-year Diploma in IT or equivalent NQF level 6 in IT
- Microsoft certification (MCSE, MCSA, MCP) and ITIL Foundations
- Minimum 3 Years working experience in the ICT field
- Technical Relevant desktop support experience with a strong knowledge of Windows 7 / 10 and MS Office Suite and SharePoint
- In depth and up to date knowledge of relevant hardware, software and latest IT trends
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for appointment soonest. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please consider your application unsuccessful if you have not been contacted within 4 weeks of the closing date. THINK reserves the right in special circumstances to accept late applications or to extend the above date in order to facilitate further searches. Furthermore, THINK reserves the right not to make an appointment. Internal applicants will get preference for shortlisting. For inquiries contact Chief Finance Officer: Trevor Mvundura.
Applications are only accepted if received via the online portal found at: