Opportunity Type: Fixed Term Contract
Start Date: 1st November 2021
Location: Hillcrest Head Office – KwaZulu-Natal Province
Application Closing Date: 16th September 2021
THINK is a non-profit organisation dedicated to improving the lives of those affected by TB and HIV. As a health delivery and research organisation, THINK engages with the local community, government consortia, and international funders to provide care for over 100,000 people in KwaZulu-Natal and carry out cutting-edge clinical research that has already contributed to changing treatment guidelines internationally and locally.
THINK is looking for a professional and qualified HR Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for strategic Human Resources and the execution of related strategies, policies, procedures and practices. The HR manager will have to provide THINK with competent, high performing human talent that is well skilled and managed, to deliver on its mandate and vision. The position requires maturity, flexibility and willingness to assume varied duties and projects. The HR Manager will be based in Hillcrest Head office in KwaZulu-Natal Province
Duties and Responsibilities
- Contribute to the development of the organisational strategy and plans
- Advise and implement organizational design development to support the organizational strategy
- Develop, implement, monitor and review THINK HR Policies and Procedures as required
- Manage the process of the review and updating of Job Descriptions with line management.
- Advise and oversee effective Change Management processes by line management as required
- Identify and address culture related trends from employee climate assessments
- Manage the implementation of HR systems and structures that ensure delivery in line with the legislative framework and organisational objectives
- Ensure that HR provides an effective and efficient transactional and transformational service to its internal customers throughout the value chain
- Clearly define, grade and fill the roles with competent people on the approved organizational structure
- Provide HR business partnership support and assistance to the line management as required
- Manage the administration and implementation of the human resource life cycle including but not limited to recruitment, selection, induction, orientation, performance management, discipline and grievance and termination.
- Manage the HR related contractors administrative process end to end (Recruitment Agencies, Employee wellness practitioners, Independent Contractors and other Service Providers)
- Manage the review, selection and appointment of employee benefit providers in line with policy and procedure
- Custodian of Performance Management: Implement and monitor feedback sessions
- Manage the payroll process, ensuring that the remuneration and benefit administration procedures are completed on time and to standard
- Manage the annual salary review process
- Oversee and ensure a harmonious and collaborative culture within the organisation
- Provide internal disciplinary and grievance support to the line management
- Establish an effective Employee Wellness Programme including guiding Line Management on aspects such as Team Building
- Manage and advise on the CCMA and Labour Court Case process
- Assess and address skills gaps between individual and organisational competency requirements in the achievement of the strategic objectives
- Develop and implement the talent management strategy that transforms, attracts, retains and optimizes talent within THINK
- Develop and implement the Employment Equity plan that is aligned with the talent management and organizational strategy
- Responsible for the Employment Equity Committees and execution of actions required
- Develop and implement the recruitment plan that source and secures quality talent that meets technical requirements and is aligned with the THINK transformation agenda, values and mission
- Develop and implement the training and skills development strategy and plan within THINK
- Be passionate about making the difference and add value to THINK
- Perform other duties as required
Essential qualifications and experience
- B Degree in Human Resource Management or an allied field
- 5 – 8 years’ management experience in Human Resources
- Experience holding HR in a fast-growing organization
- Knowledge of labour legislation and regulations
- Experience in developing and running Trainings, and Professional Development programmes for staff
- Experience in benefit management, design and communication/negotiation with employees
- Good verbal communication skills
- Valid Code 08 Drivers licence and own vehicle
- Clear criminal record.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for appointment soonest. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please consider your application unsuccessful if you have not been contacted within 4 weeks of the closing date. THINK reserves the right in special circumstances to accept late applications or to extend the above date in order to facilitate further searches. Furthermore, THINK reserves the right not to make an appointment. Internal applicants will get preference for shortlisting. THINK is unable to provide relocation assistance.
Applications are only accepted if received via the online form below:
APPLY NOWTo apply for any of the above positions please fill in your details below and upload your recent CV. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please consider your application unsuccessful if you have not been contacted within 4 weeks of the closing date.
Salaries are negotiable.
Please add recent payslip to submission.
"*" indicates required fields