Hotline Coordinators eThekwini
Position: Hotline Coordinators
Opportunity type: Fixed term Contract
Start date: 1st March 2021
Location: KwaZulu-Natal Province eThekwini
Application Closing date: 13th January 2021
THINK is a non-profit organisation dedicated to improving the lives of those affected by TB and HIV. As a health delivery and research organisation, THINK engages with the local community, government consortia, and international funders to provide care for over 100,000 people in KwaZulu-Natal and carry out cutting-edge clinical research that has already contributed to changing treatment guidelines internationally and locally.
THINK is looking for qualified Hotline Coordinators to support the implementation of the THINK USAID TB LON project in KwaZulu Natal Districts. The aim of the project is to safeguard advances of TB treatment by strengthening the TB health care platform in the district. The Hotline Coordinators will be based in KwaZulu-Natal Province (eThekwini, uMgungundlovu, and uMkhanyakude) and report to the THINK District Coordinator.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Management and referral of the MDR TB Hotline to health care workers for patient treatment related queries
- Ensure follow up is provided to all Hotline queries and accurate documentation of queries is maintained
- Provide Counselling to DS and DR TB patients
- Ensure patients are linked to necessary support structures.
- Assist patients to understand their treatment and its challenges
- Prepare clients/patients to initiate treatment
- Help clients/patients develop good treatment-taking behaviour
- Perform other duties as required
- Junior Qualified Professional Nurse with two years’ work experience
- Nursing Degree/Diploma
- HIV and Aids counselling certificates
- Knowledge of TB and DR TB
- Experience in community health programmes and working with DOH health care facilities
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships with stakeholders and clients
- Good verbal communication skills
- Clear Criminal Record
- A valid Driver’s licence
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for appointment soonest. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please consider your application unsuccessful if you have not been contacted within 4 weeks of the closing date. THINK reserves the right in special circumstances to accept late applications or to extend the above date in order to facilitate \further searches. Furthermore, THINK reserves the right not to make an appointment. Internal applicants will get preference for shortlisting. THINK is unable to provide relocation assistance.
Applications are only accepted if received via the online portal found at:
APPLY NOWTo apply for any of the above positions please fill in your details below and upload your recent CV. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please consider your application unsuccessful if you have not been contacted within 4 weeks of the closing date.
Salaries are negotiable.
Please add recent payslip to submission.