Position: Finance Assistant
Opportunity type: Employment – Fixed term Contract – 12 months
Salary: R8 000 – R12 000 depending with experience.
Opportunity closing date: 22 April 2019
THINK is a non-profit organisation dedicated to improving the lives of those affected by TB and HIV. As a health delivery and research organisation, THINK engages with the local community, government consortia, and international funders to provide care for over 100,000 people in KwaZulu-Natal and carry out cutting-edge clinical research that has already contributed to changing treatment guidelines internationally and locally.
THINK is looking for a self-motivated, reliable and passionate person to join the Finance Team as Finance Assistant to support the Finance Department and Project teams. This person will be comfortable working with a high degree of attention to detail and discretion as well as incorporating new and effective ways to achieve better results.
- Ensure all PO’s are raised for all monthly project creditors and allocated to the correct GL code
- Ensure all project invoices are scanned to cloud server
- Ensure all weekly payments are approved and processed in PASTEL and all month end payments are reconciled and paid to suppliers by due date.
- Ensure all supplier form requests are filled in correctly along with supporting documentation
- Ensure all payment form requests are completed along with the correct supporting documentation attached.
- Update cash flow spreadsheets on a weekly basis.
- Process all project expenses on a weekly basis and prepare them for payment every Friday
- Control, disbursement and reconciliation of petty cash for the clinical sites
- Prepare a month end Project BIC report by the 3rd of each month.
- Complete the funders monthly/quarterly reports by the 5th of each month
- Assist with reconciliation and resolving all review queries from Finance Manager
- B-Com Degree / National Higher Diploma in Accounting
- Minimum two years’ experience working in the finance environment
- Advanced PASTEL Experience
- Advanced knowledge of Excel (tables and formulae)
- Must have a valid driver licence and a car
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for appointment soonest. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please consider your application unsuccessful if you have not been contacted within 2 weeks of the closing date. THINK reserves the right in special circumstances to accept late applications or to extend the above date in order to facilitate further searches. Furthermore, THINK reserves the right not to make an appointment. Internal applicants will get preference for shortlisting. For inquiries contact Finance Manager Mr. Trevor Mvundura at 031 003 1817.
1 page CVs are recommended. Applications are only accepted if received via the online portal found at: