Position: Field Worker
Opportunity type: Fixed Contract
TB and HIV Investigative Network (THINK) is a non-profit organisation that engages with the local community, government consortia, international researchers and the pharmaceutical industry to develop vaccines, new diagnostic tools and treatment regimens to improve the health of those affected with TB, HIV and other ailments. THINK conducts internationally acclaimed clinical research focusing on TB and HIV to improve the quality of life of the people in South Africa and around the world.
THINK seeks to appoint Field Worker to support All Clinical sites with community engagement and assist in Advocacy Programmes for all TB related programmes.
Qualifications and experience:
Must have MATRIC and basic HIV/TB Training
Duties of the role
- Working as part of a team to design and deliver a range of innovative community outreach and engagement activities with THINK Advocacy Programmes.
- Developing and sustaining positive relationships with a range of people, including residents, community leaders, local TB groups and organisations, and local authorities;
- Recruiting and supporting local TB Survivors people to become volunteers and active leaders in their community, and ensuring that they remain engaged and involved;
- Working as part of a team to support and sustain community-led action around issues related to health and wellbeing, as identified.
- Publicising the THINK Advocacy project through flyers, posters, social media and networking with residents, local groups and organisations;
- Working as part of a team to organise and hold events that draw in and involve local residents and partners.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for a renewable, fixed term contract position for appointment soonest. The closing date for receipt of applications is 13 July 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please consider your application unsuccessful if you have not been contacted within 4 weeks of the closing date.
THINK reserves the right in special circumstances to accept late applications or to extend the above date in order to facilitate further searches. Furthermore, THINK reserves the right not to make an appointment. Internal applicants will get preference for shortlisting.
Applications are only accepted if received via the online portal found at:
APPLY NOWTo apply for any of the above positions please fill in your details below and upload your recent CV. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please consider your application unsuccessful if you have not been contacted within 4 weeks of the closing date.
Salaries are negotiable.
Please add recent payslip to submission.
"*" indicates required fields