Enrolled Nurse – Amajuba
Opportunity Type: Fixed term Contract
Start Date: November / December 2021
Location: KZN – Amajuba
Application Closing date: 08 October 2021
THINK is a non-profit organisation dedicated to improving the lives of those affected by TB and HIV/AIDS. As a health delivery and research organisation engaging with the local community, government and international funders, THINK has provided care to over 100,000 people in KwaZulu-Natal Province and carried out cutting-edge clinical research that has already contributed to changing TB Treatment Guidelines internationally and locally.
THINK is looking for qualified Enrolled Nurses to support the implementation of the THINK USAID TB LON project in KwaZulu Natal Districts. The aim of the project is to safeguard advances of TB treatment by strengthening the TB health care platform in the district. The Enrolled Nurses will be based in KwaZulu-Natal Province (Amajuba) and report to the THINK Professional Nurse Mentor-TB.
Duties and Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Support to DOH TB facility staff
- Support the tracing of contacts
- Support of TPT implementation for eligible contacts, including children.
- Support implementation of FAST and LF-LAM
- Conduct and support the recording of all presumptive TB in the TB identification register and send for TB investigation
- Conduct TB, STI, NCD and COVID 19 integrated screening, including key population groups
- Request monthly lists of patients that needs repeat script for TPT and ensure that the treatment is continued for the prescribed duration according to guidelines.
- Oversee and monitor that all initiated patients have been captured on Tier.net or EDR.web
- Provide adherence counselling to patients who have been identified as needing enhanced adherence counselling
- Identify and link patients eligible for psychosocial support. Provide health education to patients on TB, TB screening, TB/HIV co-infections, infection control, adherence and other services to facilitate referrals
- Review TB registers, EDR.web and TIER.NET to check on those initiated into treatment, ensuring that they receive follow up-services
- Support Continuous Quality Improvement activities and participate in CQI teams in facilities.
- Submit reports (weekly, monthly, and quarterly) on programme indicators and progress.
- Support the clinical file audit periodically
- Assist with Monitoring and Evaluation activities for the TB, HIV and NCDs program
- Participate in data clean-up at facility
- Participate in all relevant meetings e.g. Facility staff meetings, district meetings, programme meetings.
- Participate in operational Sukuma Sakhe / WarRoom meetings
- Support retention in care and adherence to treatment for TB patients.
- Self-updating on DOH guidelines, policies and SOPs available on project share point platform
- Capacity building through attending appropriate training programmes
- Be passionate about making the difference and add value to THINK
- Perform other related duties as required for effective implementation of the USAID Project
- Contribute to the betterment of THINK
- Ensure THINK vision, mission and values are reflected in all job outcomes
Essential Qualifications and Experience
- Grade 12 – Matric Certificate
- Enrolled Nurse Certificate with current SANC registration
- Counselling Certificate
- 2 years’ experience working in HIV/TB environment
- Valid Driver’s Licence
Preferred attributes and experience
- Other Health related courses (advantageous)
- A good understanding of referral systems and pathways as well as linkage and retention in care strategies
- Computer literacy is essential
- Clear criminal record
- Previous work experience in NGOs or funded programmes will be an advantage.
- Knowledge of HIV strategies, including the UNAIDS 95-95-95 targets, and TB management.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates. The closing date for receipt of applications will be 08 October 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please consider your application unsuccessful if you have not been contacted within 4 weeks of the closing date. THINK reserves the right in special circumstances to accept late applications or to extend the above date to facilitate further searches. Furthermore, THINK reserves the right not to make an appointment. Internal applicants will get preference for shortlisting. THINK is unable to provide relocation assistance. Queries can be directed to HR Officer, Faaria Alli – email@example.com.
Applications are only accepted if received via the online form below:
APPLY NOWTo apply for any of the above positions please fill in your details below and upload your recent CV. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please consider your application unsuccessful if you have not been contacted within 4 weeks of the closing date.
Salaries are negotiable.
Please add recent payslip to submission.
"*" indicates required fields