District TB Technical Lead – uMkhanyakude
Position: District TB Technical Lead
Opportunity Type: Fixed term Contract
Start Date: 1 January 2020
Application Closing date: 11 October 2020
THINK is a non-profit organisation dedicated to improving the lives of those affected by TB and HIV/AIDS. As a health delivery and research organisation engaging with the local community, government and international funders, THINK has provided care to over 100,000 people in KwaZulu-Natal Province and carried out cutting-edge clinical research that has already contributed to changing TB treatment guidelines internationally and locally.
THINK is looking for qualified candidates to fill the roles of District TB Technical Lead in uMkhanyakude for a USAID-funded project aimed to strengthen the health care delivery platform for TB in the provinces of KwaZulu-Natal and Eastern Cape.
Duties and Responsibilities include but not limited to:
The District TB Technical Lead will be responsible for providing technical guidance at a district level, on both drug-sensitive and drug-resistant TB care to facilitate more efficient and effective collaboration and mechanisms for the implementation of the national TB programme and improve quality of services.
Specific responsibilities include, but may not be limited to, the following:
- Responsible for the technical leadership and managerial oversight in the technical implementation of project strategy in alignment with the Project’s key objectives and expected outcomes.
- Work closely with the Project TB Technical lead and local partners to provide technical guidance to implementing the project in the District.
- Provide technical support in the implementation of the district programmes, focusing on quality of TB services and expansion of private sector engagement, improving TB and drug-resistance TB case detection through the FAST approach and other strategies, linkage to care and support, support the decentralisation of drug resistant TB treatment, piloting of gender-responsive interventions, and interpret and use strategic information to strengthen the TB programme at district level.
- Medical – TB expert key liaison covering both technical support to the programs training and staff development as well as program oversight.
- Medical Degree (MBChB)
- Minimum of 3 years of professional experience in TB/DRTB program implementation; prior experience with USAID or other donor-funded projects would be an advantage.
- Previous experience in various areas of TB programming, including active case finding, new drugs/therapies, clinical patient support, TB preventative therapies etc.
- Working knowledge of and/or experience with USG-funded program management, policies, regulations, and procedures is desirable.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to work independently and with team members and partners at all levels
- Work experience with local and international partners, including both private and public partners
- Excellent English language skills and written and oral communication skills
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates. The closing date for receipt of applications will be 11 October 2020. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please consider your application unsuccessful if you have not been contacted within 4 weeks of the closing date. THINK reserves the right in special circumstances to accept late applications or to extend the above date to facilitate further searches. Furthermore, THINK reserves the right not to make an appointment. Internal applicants will get preference for shortlisting. THINK is unable to provide relocation assistance. Queries can be directed to HR Officer, Faaria Alli – email@example.com.
Applications are only accepted if received via the online portal found at:
APPLY NOWTo apply for any of the above positions please fill in your details below and upload your recent CV. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please consider your application unsuccessful if you have not been contacted within 4 weeks of the closing date.
Salaries are negotiable.
Please add recent payslip to submission.