District Manager – Mtubatuba – uMkanyakhude
Position: District Manager
Opportunity Type: Fixed term Contract – 12 months
Start Date: 1 November 2020
Location: Mtubatuba and uMkanyakhude
Application Closing date: 11 October 2020
THINK is a non-profit organisation dedicated to improving the lives of those affected by TB and HIV/AIDS. As a health delivery and research organisation engaging with the local community, government consortia, and international funders. THINK provides care for over 100,000 people in KwaZulu-Natal Province and carries out cutting-edge clinical research that has already contributed to changing TB Treatment Guidelines internationally and locally.
THINK is looking for qualified candidates to fill the role of District Manager for a USAID-funded project aimed to strengthen the health care delivery platform for TB in the provinces of KwaZulu-Natal and Eastern Cape.
Duties and Responsibilities include but not limited to:
The District Manager will assume overall responsibility for the implementation and management of the day to day activities in the respective district. The District Manager, while leading the district team, will work closely with the key personnel and provincial support team to ensure that all areas of the project are being implemented and all stakeholder relationships are developed and maintained.
- Ensure all components of the project are being implemented in alignment with project objectives and expected outcomes.
- Ensure project support to both DS and DR TB components of the project
- Report progress of the project at regular intervals to the key personnel and support team
- Establish relationships with district stakeholders including working closely with the various Department of Health facilities to ensure project is implemented per workplan
- Ensure all district programme offices are fully established and functional
- Ensure all district staff are appointed, trained, supported and directed in areas of responsibility.
- Cultivate and grow a strong committed team that will maintain efficient and seamless outputs
- Establish good communication and reporting structures within the district team
- Initiate extra activities and other management interventions wherever gaps in the programme are identified or issues arise
- Implement project trackers to ensure sound financial, administrative, and programmatic management of the projects and anticipate technical/program support needs and priorities in keeping with USAID guidelines.
- Other responsibilities as required
- Bachelor’s degree in public health, or relevant/related field ( or commensurate experience).
- At least three (3) years of experience of working in the areas of TB, DR-TB, HIV, and public health. Good knowledge of TB diagnosis and treatment.
- At least three (3) experience in working on implementing multi-faceted health programmes, with preference to one year of experience working on international donor funded projects in a programmatic capacity.
- Strong HR, leadership skills and in management of teams – both medical and non-medical.
- Strong budgeting skills, including experience with and aptitude for creating budget scenarios, projecting expenditures based on clear assumptions, and tracking actual expenditures against projections.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in is required.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates. The closing date for receipt of applications will be 11 October 2020. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please consider your application unsuccessful if you have not been contacted within 4 weeks of the closing date. THINK reserves the right in special circumstances to accept late applications or to extend the above date in order to facilitate further searches. Furthermore, THINK reserves the right not to make an appointment. Internal applicants will get preference for shortlisting. THINK is unable to provide relocation assistance. Queries can be directed to Faaria Alli – email@example.com.
Applications are only accepted if received via the online portal found at:
APPLY NOWTo apply for any of the above positions please fill in your details below and upload your recent CV. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please consider your application unsuccessful if you have not been contacted within 4 weeks of the closing date.
Salaries are negotiable.
Please add recent payslip to submission.