District Coordinator – uMkhanyakude
Position: District Coordinator
Opportunity Type: Employment – Fixed term Contract – 12 months
Start Date: 15 May 2021
Application Closing Date: 04 May 2021
THINK is a non-profit organisation dedicated to improving the lives of those affected by TB and HIV. As a health delivery and research organisation, THINK engages with the local community, government consortia, and international funders to provide care for over 100,000 people in KwaZulu-Natal and carry out cutting-edge clinical research that has already contributed to changing treatment guidelines internationally and locally.
THINK is looking for a suitable and qualified District Coordinator to support the implementation of the THINK USAID TB LON project in Umkhanyakude District. The aim of the project is to safeguard advances of TB treatment by strengthening the TB health care platform in the district. The District Coordinator will be based in Umkhanyakude and report to the THINK District TB Technical Lead.
- Oversee DR-TB linkage to care and adherence support programme across the district.
- Support the development of tools and activities to ensure programme activities are carried out according to the plan
- Participate in the recruitment and training of programme staff
- Support, train and mentor programme staff based at Doris Goodwin TB Hospital and in the sub-districts
- Co-ordinate and lead regular staff meetings with programme staff
- Establish and implement reporting systems for programme staff and follow up on reports
- Work closely with M&E officer to ensure output targets are reached and address issues as they arise.
- Work closely with the District DoH, DoH Hospital management and staff, clinic Operational Managers and TB nurses as well as community structures in the implementation and feedback of THINK project interventions.
- Qualified Professional Nurse, Degree in medical science or relevant discipline
- Experience in project managing
- Evidence of coordination/organisational and management skills
- Good knowledge of TB and HIV diagnosis and treatment
- A valid Code B Driver’s License and own transport
- Fully computer literate
- Good communication skills
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for appointment soonest. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please consider your application unsuccessful if you have not been contacted within 4 weeks of the closing date. THINK reserves the right in special circumstances to accept late applications or to extend the above date in order to facilitate further searches. Furthermore, THINK reserves the right not to make an appointment. Internal applicants will get preference for shortlisting.
Applications are only accepted if received via the online form below:
APPLY NOWTo apply for any of the above positions please fill in your details below and upload your recent CV. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please consider your application unsuccessful if you have not been contacted within 4 weeks of the closing date.
Salaries are negotiable.
Please add recent payslip to submission.