District Coordinator – uMgungundlovu
Opportunity Type: Fixed Term Contract
Start Date: 1 January 2022
Application Closing date: 21 December 2021
THINK is a non-profit organisation dedicated to improving the lives of those affected by TB and HIV/AIDS. As a health delivery and research organisation engaging with the local community, government and international funders, THINK has provided care to over 100,000 people in KwaZulu-Natal Province and carried out cutting-edge clinical research that has already contributed to changing TB Treatment Guidelines internationally and locally.
THINK is looking for a self-motivated, reliable and passionate person to join the uMgungundlovu THINK Office team as District Coordinator to support the programme staff in the implementation of the THINK USAID project in KwaZulu Natal. They will work closely with the management team namely District Manager, Chief of Party, TB Technical Team Leader and M&E Advisor to ensure project interventions are implemented according to the work plan.
Duties and Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Supervise and lead the Professional Nurse Mentors, NIMDR Nurses and SAFT programme staff based at DOH facilities.
- Oversee the implementation of the DR-TB and DS-TB linkages to care, adherence support and household contact tracing across the district.
- Work in close collaboration with DOH TB managers and facility managers to support TB screening activities, as well as the implementation of LF- LAM and TPT in the district
- Support technical aspects of the Programme, including TB Mortality Audits; Cohort Reviews and TB/ COVID-19 activities in the district
- Support the development of tools and activities to ensure programme activities are carried out according to the plan
- Establish and implement reporting systems for programme staff and follow up on reports
- Work closely with M&E officer to ensure output targets are reached and address issues as they arise.
- Work closely with the District DoH, DoH Hospital management and staff, clinic Operational Managers and TB nurses as well as community structures (e.g., DAC, LAC, traditional leaders/ healers, CSOs) in the implementation and feedback of THINK project interventions.
- Coordinate and participate in community engagement events (awareness campaigns, community dialogues, radio interviews).
- Continuous engagement with district information officers and TB Clinical Leads
- Facilitate training and capacity building of Direct Service Providers (NGOs and DOH)
- Participate or represent the project in conferences.
- Ensure THINK vision, mission and values are reflected in all job outcomes
- Comply with all THINK rules and regulations and policies and procedures
- Be passionate about making the difference and add value to THINK
- Perform other duties as required
Essential Qualifications and Experience
- Qualified Professional Nurse, Degree in medical science or relevant discipline
- Experience in project managing
- Evidence of coordination/organisational and management skills
- Good knowledge of TB and HIV diagnosis and treatment
- A valid Code B Driver’s License and own transport
- Fully computer literate
- Good communication skills
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates. The closing date for receipt of applications will be 21 December 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please consider your application unsuccessful if you have not been contacted within 4 weeks of the closing date. THINK reserves the right in special circumstances to accept late applications or to extend the above date to facilitate further searches. Furthermore, THINK reserves the right not to make an appointment. Internal applicants will get preference for shortlisting. THINK is unable to provide relocation assistance. Queries can be directed to HR Officer, Faaria Alli – email@example.com.
Applications are only accepted if received via the online form below:
APPLY NOWTo apply for any of the above positions please fill in your details below and upload your recent CV. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please consider your application unsuccessful if you have not been contacted within 4 weeks of the closing date.
Salaries are negotiable.
Please add recent payslip to submission.
"*" indicates required fields