District Coordinator – eThekwini
|Opportunity Type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Start Date:||1 September 2022|
|Location:||eThekwini KwaZulu-Natal Province|
|Application Closing Date:||10 August 2022|
THINK is a non-profit organisation dedicated to improving the lives of those affected by TB and HIV. As a health delivery and research organisation, THINK engages with the local community, government consortia, and international funders to provide care for over 100,000 people in KwaZulu-Natal and carry out cutting-edge clinical research that has already contributed to changing treatment guidelines internationally and locally.
THINK is looking for a qualified District Coordinator to support the implementation of the THINK ADAPT project in eThekwini South District.
Duties and Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Supervise and lead the ADAPT Project staff to achieve project deliverables
- Oversee the implementation of the ADAPT Global Vax project
- Responsible for planning, directing and coordinating the operations at the district level
- Work in close collaboration with DOH managers and facility managers to support the Global Vax activity
- Support technical aspects of the Programme, including strategy for implementation
- Support the development of tools and activities to ensure programme activities are carried out according to the plan
- Support other project management activities as the needs of the project evolve
- Alignment with funder expectations and requirements
- Participate in the writing and preparation of project reports
- Design a schedule and allocate staff to meet the ADAPT project targets
- Provide input in creating data collection tools for the project
- Design project activities using data evidence
- Share progress and target barometer with the team
- Interact with all relevant players with support from the Stakeholder Manager
- Meet with DOH at the district or facility level as required for access to facilities
- Collaborate with DOH to increase Covid vaccination uptake
- Regular external stakeholder engagements with Civil Society to ensure project deliverables are achieved
- Participate in community level events
- Provide training and development support to Project Staff
- Perform other duties as required by THINK
- Grade 12 – Matric Certificate
- Degree or diploma in Nursing or relevant discipline management qualification
- SANC registered
- Valid Driver’s License
- 3-5 years’ experience as a District Coordinator in the Health field, PHC experience, experience in PEPFAR/USAID funded projects
- Other Health related courses (advantageous)
- Experience in a similar environment and Covid Vaccination
- Computer literacy is essential
- Clear criminal record
- Previous work experience in NGOs or funded programmes will be an advantage.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for appointment soonest. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please consider your application unsuccessful if you have not been contacted within four weeks of the closing date. THINK reserves the right in special circumstances to accept late applications or to extend the above date in order to facilitate further searches. Furthermore, THINK reserves the right not to make an appointment. Internal applicants will get preference for shortlisting. THINK is unable to provide relocation assistance.
Applications are only accepted if received via the online form below.