Deputy Chief of Party
Position: Deputy Chief of Party
Opportunity Type: Fixed term Contract
Start Date: TBA
Location: eThekwini / uMgundlovu
Application Closing date: Subject to candidate availability
THINK is a non-profit organisation dedicated to improving the lives of those affected by TB and HIV/AIDS. As a health delivery and research organisation engaging with the local community, government and international funders, THINK has provided care to over 100,000 people in KwaZulu-Natal Province and carried out cutting-edge clinical research that has already contributed to changing TB treatment guidelines internationally and locally.
THINK is looking for a qualified candidate to fill the role of Deputy Chief of Party for a USAID-funded project aimed to strengthen the health care delivery platform for TB in the provinces of KwaZulu-Natal and Eastern Cape.
Duties and Responsibilities include but not limited to:
Under the direction of the Chief of Party, s/he will be responsible for providing technical, programmatic and/or administrative oversight of implementation of the Activity. S/he will serve as Acting Chief of Party, assuming overall responsibility for the implementation and management of the Activity, in the absence of the Chief of Party, to include serving as the principal institutional liaison to USAID/SA.
- Provide leadership to the project’s administrative team, setting strategic direction and priorities and monitoring compliance and adherence to company policies and procedures across global and country programs.
- Provide support and oversight to project coordinators for accurate and timely financial management and backstopping of country-based programs, including training, mentoring, and supervision.
- Contribute to strategic thinking and direction of project administrative policies, reflection growth and changes to respond to client compliance requirements.
- Ensure that internal contractual, financial, procurement and administrative procedures are in accordance with the laws and other requirements of USAID/SA.
- A minimum of a master level degree in Public Health, Health Administration (or related degree), OR a bachelor’s degree in public health (or related degree) plus seven years of professional experience working in public health;
- A PhD will be an advantage.
- A minimum of seven years (7) of professional experience of progressively increasing responsibility in the design, implementation and management of public health programs in South Africa;
- A minimum of five years (5) of professional experience designing and implementing infectious disease programs, particularly Tuberculosis.
- Demonstrated experience in the financial management of a public health program with a budget over $1 million.
- Demonstrated ability through previous experience leading a technical activity through evidence-driven decision making;
- Demonstrated ability through previous experience to establish and maintain productive working relationships with a wide network of partners and stakeholders;
- Working knowledge of and/or experience with USG-funded program management, policies, regulations, and procedures are desirable.
- Demonstrated ability through previous experience to liaise with mid to senior level government officials, dignitaries, executives of NGOs, FBOs, CBOs, and members of the donor community; and
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to work independently and with team members and partners at all levels
- Excellent English language skills and written and oral communication skills
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please consider your application unsuccessful if you have not been contacted within 4 weeks of the closing date. THINK reserves the right in special circumstances to accept late applications or to extend the above date in order to facilitate further searches. Furthermore, THINK reserves the right not to make an appointment. Internal applicants will get preference for shortlisting. THINK is unable to provide relocation assistance. Queries can be directed to HR Officer, Faaria Alli – firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications are only accepted if received via the online portal found at:
APPLY NOWTo apply for any of the above positions please fill in your details below and upload your recent CV. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please consider your application unsuccessful if you have not been contacted within 4 weeks of the closing date.
Salaries are negotiable.
Please add recent payslip to submission.