Data Quality Mentor – uMgungundlovu
Opportunity Type: Fixed term Contract
Start Date: November / December 2021
Location: KZN – uMgungundlovu
Application Closing date: 15 October 2021
THINK is a non-profit organisation dedicated to improving the lives of those affected by TB and HIV/AIDS. As a health delivery and research organisation engaging with the local community, government and international funders, THINK has provided care to over 100,000 people in KwaZulu-Natal Province and carried out cutting-edge clinical research that has already contributed to changing TB Treatment Guidelines internationally and locally.
THINK is looking for qualified Data Quality Mentor to support the implementation of the THINK USAID TB LON project in KwaZulu Natal Districts. The aim of the project is to safeguard advances of TB treatment by strengthening the TB health care platform in the district. The Data Quality Mentor will be based in KwaZulu-Natal Province (Umgungundlovu) and report to the M &E Coordinator.
Duties and Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Provide guidance and mentorship to facility-based data clerk teams
- Validating programme data quality criteria including data completeness, consistency and accuracy
- Alignment of Data quality and integrity to THINK Strategic intent.
- Interrogation of data quality reports as provided by data clerk teams
- Provide direct supervision of data clerks at facility level
- Review and collate facility data reports
- Ensure data quality activities are aligned with DoH requirements
- Responsible for maintaining a facility level data quality database
- Assist with development of source documents including SOP’s related to data collection
- Assist with monitoring of routing TB programme data
- Work closely with data clerk teams to improve TB programme data quality at facility level
- Continuous engagement with data clerk teams and M&E district coordinator (internal stakeholder ) on data quality improvement processes (QIPs)
- Regular external stakeholder engagements with DoH to ensure project deliverables are achieved
- Assist the M&E district coordinator in facilitating trainings where necessary
- Assist the M&E district coordinator with development of quarterly M&E district report
- Conduct random data quality audits (DQA’s) to ascertain data quality at facility level
- Perform other duties as required.
- Contribute to the betterment of THINK
- Ensure THINK vision, mission and values are reflected in all job outcomes
Essential Qualifications and Experience
- A minimum of Grade 12 or equivalent
- A minimum of 2-3 years experience as a Data Quality Mentor
Preferred attributes and experience
- An appropriate tertiary qualification such as a diploma in Monitoring and Evaluation and database management.
- Experience in a similar environment
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates. The closing date for receipt of applications will be 15 October 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please consider your application unsuccessful if you have not been contacted within 4 weeks of the closing date. THINK reserves the right in special circumstances to accept late applications or to extend the above date to facilitate further searches. Furthermore, THINK reserves the right not to make an appointment. Internal applicants will get preference for shortlisting. THINK is unable to provide relocation assistance. Queries can be directed to HR Officer, Nqobile Msweli – firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications are only accepted if received via the online form below:
APPLY NOWTo apply for any of the above positions please fill in your details below and upload your recent CV. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please consider your application unsuccessful if you have not been contacted within 4 weeks of the closing date.
Salaries are negotiable.
Please add recent payslip to submission.
"*" indicates required fields