Data Officer – Eastern Cape Province
Opportunity Type: Fixed Term Contract
Start Date: November/ December 2021
Location: Eastern Cape Province
Application Closing Date: 13 October 2021
THINK is a non-profit organisation dedicated to improving the lives of those affected by TB and HIV. As a health delivery and research organisation, THINK engages with the local community, government consortia, and international funders to provide care for over 100,000 people in KwaZulu-Natal and carry out cutting-edge clinical research that has already contributed to changing treatment guidelines internationally and locally.
THINK is looking for a dedicated and qualified Data officer to support the implementation of the THINK USAID TB LON project in Eastern Cape Districts. The successful incumbent will be expected to support Data team to maintain the Drug-Resistant Tuberculosis and TB/HIV databases by verifying that all new and updated patients’ information are entered and to implement data quality practices at health facility or health district or organisations headquarters. To support and ensure data verification and validation of reported data (webDHIS) and source documents (TB data collection tools) are conducted at facility level. The Data Officer will be based in Eastern Cape Province.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Roving to health facilities to perform accurate data capturing from paper-based tools onto EDRWeb/TIER.Net and ensure that all information to date has been captured
- Ensure that all data captured and entered has been verified for quality and consistence
- Routinely review collected data and perform DQA checks for the five data quality dimensions (i.e. validity, reliability, integrity, precision, and timeliness).
- Identify/resolve data discrepancies by monitoring data (review line listings, perform manual checks and ensure updates are reflected on the database)
- Data collation across multiple databases
- Ensure capacity building and implementation of DHMIS policy, DHMIS Facility SOP and TB/HIV Data Management SOPs
- Support the collection of programme data
- Conduct data validation and verification using various online and offline platforms
- Generate data and reports for submission to the relevant manager within the set time frames
- Use and implement the DHMIS policy, DHMIS Facility SOP and TB/HIV Data Management SOP at facility level
- Maintaining high standards of data security and keeping information confidential according to confidentiality agreement
- Complete weekly and monthly reporting templates accurately and ensure timely submission thereof
- Contribute to betterment of THINK
- Ensure THINK vision, mission and values are reflected in all job outcomes
- Perform other duties as required
Essential qualifications and experience
- Matric and Relevant Diploma / Degree – advantageous
- At least 2 years data capturing and data monitoring experience (webDHIS, Tier.Net and EDRWeb).
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a multi-disciplinary team, often under deadline pressure
- Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills
- Must be pro-active, self-motivated, energetic, flexible, adaptive and innovative
- Strong computer literacy, with proficiency in: Microsoft Office Excel, Word and Power Point and Outlook/e-mail along with strong internet-based skills including methods of online communication (Teams, Social Media Platform, etc.)
- Basic analysis in TIER.net TB component/ EDRWeb
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good verbal communication skills
- Valid Driver’s licence and own vehicle
- Must not have a criminal record.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for appointment soonest. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please consider your application unsuccessful if you have not been contacted within 4 weeks of the closing date. THINK reserves the right in special circumstances to accept late applications or to extend the above date in order to facilitate further searches. Furthermore, THINK reserves the right not to make an appointment. Internal applicants will get preference for shortlisting. THINK is unable to provide relocation assistance.
Applications are only accepted if received via the online form below:
APPLY NOWTo apply for any of the above positions please fill in your details below and upload your recent CV. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please consider your application unsuccessful if you have not been contacted within 4 weeks of the closing date.
Salaries are negotiable.
Please add recent payslip to submission.
"*" indicates required fields