Position: Data Manager
Opportunity Type: Fixed Term Contract
Start Date: 1st April 2021
Location: Hillcrest Head Office – KwaZulu-Natal Province
Application Closing Date: 11th March 2021
THINK is a non-profit organisation dedicated to improving the lives of those affected by TB and HIV. As a health delivery and research organisation, THINK engages with the local community, government consortia, and international funders to provide care for over 100,000 people in KwaZulu-Natal and carry out cutting-edge clinical research that has already contributed to changing treatment guidelines internationally and locally.
THINK is looking for a skilled and qualified Data Manager to provide data management of M &E support for the THINK USAID TB LON project in KwaZulu Natal Districts. The Data Manager will support the development and coordination of programme data systems including the development of databases, identification of efficient ways to collect, organise data, store and archive data. The Data Manager will ensure that that the district accurate information is available timely and securely for both internal and external reporting and strategic information needs. Data Manager will be based in Hillcrest Head office in KwaZulu-Natal Province
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for collection and collation of all TB LON project data
- Assist with monitoring of data quality improvement process across districts in KZN and EC
- Ensure data quality activities are aligned with DoH requirements
- Ensure the reporting of programme indicators as per DoH and funder specifications
- Support with the collation of the quarterly M&E funder report
- Work closely with DQMs in respective districts to ensure routine data quality audits are effectively conducted and reporting of routine facility data
- Provide data related trainings on HIS where necessary
- Continue internal stakeholder engagements with M&E district supporting staff
- Regular external stakeholder engagements with DoH to ensure project deliverables are achieved
- Regular internal stakeholder engagements i.e. TB clinical leads, district coordinator, data quality mentor where necessary
- Provide support to district data quality mentors
- Capacity building through attending advanced M&E programmes
- Perform other duties as required
Essential qualifications and experience
- Degree in Data Systems or Informatics
- Post-matric diploma in computer literacy(Including Excel, OR equivalent experience)
- 3-5 years experience as a data manager or technical data manager
- Certification in monitoring and evaluation or database management
- Ability to summarise, interpret and visualise complex data
- Scientific report writing and presentation skills
- Knowledge of South African health services
- Good verbal communication skills
- Valid Code 08 Drivers licence will be an advantage
- Clear criminal record
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for appointment soonest. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please consider your application unsuccessful if you have not been contacted within 4 weeks of the closing date. THINK reserves the right in special circumstances to accept late applications or to extend the above date in order to facilitate further searches. Furthermore, THINK reserves the right not to make an appointment. Internal applicants will get preference for shortlisting. THINK is unable to provide relocation assistance.
Applications are only accepted if received via the online portal found at:
APPLY NOWTo apply for any of the above positions please fill in your details below and upload your recent CV. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please consider your application unsuccessful if you have not been contacted within 4 weeks of the closing date.
Salaries are negotiable.
Please add recent payslip to submission.