Position: Data Manager
Opportunity Type: Fixed term Contract
Start Date: 1 November 2020
Application Closing date: 15 October 2020
THINK is a non-profit organisation dedicated to improving the lives of those affected by TB and HIV/AIDS. As a health delivery and research organisation engaging with the local community, government and international funders, THINK has provided care to over 100,000 people in KwaZulu-Natal Province and carried out cutting-edge clinical research that has already contributed to changing TB Treatment Guidelines internationally and locally.
THINK is looking for a qualified candidate to fill the role of Data Manager.
The data manager/quality assurance officer will be responsible to maintain the quality and integrity of the trial data under the supervision of the principal investigator and study coordinator.
Duties and Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Overseeing the data entry and the quality assurance systems
- Working closely with trial monitors
- Validating clinical trial data to ensure consistency, integrity and accuracy.
- Work closely with other study staff to respond to data queries in a timely manner
- Entering of trial data
- Managing the quality control of study documentation for completeness and correctness
- Drawing up of Source documents and other related trial documentation.
- Tracing and filing of study results and reports
- Combined experience as a Data manager for at least 2 years in the field of clinical trials
- Back ground experience capturing data on various data bases
- Recognized bachelor’s degree with honors
- Qualifications in either administration, quality assurance, project management
- Computer literacy skills in Microsoft office
- Current GCP certificate
- Monitoring and Evaluation experience
- Driver’s License
- Experience working in the Department of Health
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates. The closing date for receipt of applications will be 15 October 2020. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please consider your application unsuccessful if you have not been contacted within 4 weeks of the closing date. THINK reserves the right in special circumstances to accept late applications or to extend the above date to facilitate further searches. Furthermore, THINK reserves the right not to make an appointment. Internal applicants will get preference for shortlisting. THINK is unable to provide relocation assistance. Queries can be directed to Principal Investigator Ronelle Moodliar: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications are only accepted if received via the online portal found at:
APPLY NOWTo apply for any of the above positions please fill in your details below and upload your recent CV. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please consider your application unsuccessful if you have not been contacted within 4 weeks of the closing date.
Salaries are negotiable.
Please add recent payslip to submission.