Data Clerks uMgungundlovu
Position: Data Clerks
Opportunity Type: Fixed Term Contract
Start Date: 1st May 2021
Location: KwaZulu-Natal Province uMgungundlovu
Application Closing Date: 1st April 2021
THINK is a non-profit organisation dedicated to improving the lives of those affected by TB and HIV. As a health delivery and research organisation, THINK engages with the local community, government consortia, and international funders to provide care for over 100,000 people in KwaZulu-Natal and carry out cutting-edge clinical research that has already contributed to changing treatment guidelines internationally and locally.
THINK is seeking to appoint suitable Data Clerks to support the implementation of the THINK USAID TB LON project in KwaZulu Natal Districts. The aim of the project is to safeguard advances of TB treatment by strengthening the TB health care platform in the district. The Data Clerks will be based in KwaZulu-Natal Province (eThekwini, uMgungundlovu, and uMkhanyakude) and report to the THINK Data Quality Mentor
Duties and Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Organizing patient files at facilities; filing and retrieving of files
- Perform accurate daily data capturing from paper-based tools onto EDRWeb/TIER.Net and ensure that all information to date has been captured
- Ensure that all data captured and entered has been verified for accuracy, quality, consistence and completeness
- Capture data accurately from paper forms into a project specific database according to TB LON specific guidelines
- Preparing, compiling and sorting documents for data entry
- Verifying data and making corrections where necessary
- Combining and rearranging data from source documents where required
- Entering data from source documents into prescribed computer database, files and forms
- Transcribing information into the required electronic format
- Scanning documents into document management systems or databases
- Storing completed documents in designated locations
- Maintaining timesheets and logbooks/records of activities and tasks conducted
- Responding to requests for information and access relevant files
- Coordinating visits with the district and sub district Data Quality Mentor
- Submit timely and accurate weekly and monthly reports on activities to the Data Quality Mentor
- To support quality control processes in facilities
- Conduct data quality audits by comparing program outputs with source documents such as TB registers to ensure data quality
- Ensure accurate and timely information is shared with THINK Linkage Officers to ensure the THINK online application system is maintained
- Perform other duties as required
- Grade 12 – Matric Certificate
- Three to five years’ experience in HIV and TB screening, counselling, testing and linkage services and welcome back strategy
- Understanding of the importance of the universal test and treat (UTT) policy, notably linkage to care and retention of clients in care
- Good communication skills and ability to communicate in English, isiZulu and/or another South African language
- Work experience in HIV and TB programme implementation
- Good understanding of the South African public health national and provincial policies
- Solid experience in and knowledge of partnering with multiple stakeholders
- Extensive experience with client tracking (via telephone and in person through home visits)
- Previous work experience in NGOs or funded programmes will be an advantage.
- Computer literacy and competence in Microsoft software (MS Word, Excel)
- Knowledge of HIV strategies, including the UNAIDS 95-95-95 targets, and TB management.
- Clean Criminal Record
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for appointment soonest. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please consider your application unsuccessful if you have not been contacted within 4 weeks of the closing date. THINK reserves the right in special circumstances to accept late applications or to extend the above date in order to facilitate further searches. Furthermore, THINK reserves the right not to make an appointment. Internal applicants will get preference for shortlisting. THINK is unable to provide reallocation assistance.
Applications are only accepted if received via the online portal found at:
APPLY NOWTo apply for any of the above positions please fill in your details below and upload your recent CV. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please consider your application unsuccessful if you have not been contacted within 4 weeks of the closing date.
Salaries are negotiable.
Please add recent payslip to submission.