Data Clerk – eThekwini
|Opportunity Type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Start Date:||1 September 2022|
|Location:||eThekwini KwaZulu-Natal Province|
|Application Closing Date:|
THINK is a non-profit organisation dedicated to improving the lives of those affected by TB and HIV. As a health delivery and research organisation, THINK engages with the local community, government consortia, and international funders to provide care for over 100,000 people in KwaZulu-Natal and carry out cutting-edge clinical research that has already contributed to changing treatment guidelines internationally and locally.
THINK is looking for a qualified Data Clerk to support the implementation of the THINK ADAPT project in eThekwini South District.
Duties and Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Ensuring that health information systems (HIS) e.g., TIER.Net and EDR Web data completeness, consistency, accuracy and timeliness of reported data are maintained
- Provide additional back capturing data support to ensure no data backlogs
- Provide additional support with filing of TB patients’ clinical stationery
- Work with clinical teams within healthcare facilities to ensure quality TB data reporting
- Conduct routine data quality assessments (RDQA’s) on TB data across supported facilities
- Assist with the data input process to ensure data quality criteria are adhered
- Review of routine HIS data with THINK clinical mentors to identify areas of data reporting challenges
- Maintain a weekly portfolio of evidence (POE) of all HIS generated reports
- Report to the data quality mentors (DQMs) regarding data quality challenges
- Work closely with healthcare facility staff including DoH data capture to resolve data queries
- Continued internal stakeholder engagements with M&E district supporting staff (DQM, M&E district coordinator)
- Capacity building through attending HIS system trainings
- Comply with all THINK rules and regulations and policies and procedures
- Be passionate about making the difference and add value to THINK
- Perform other duties as required
- Grade 12 – Matric Certificate
- An appropriate tertiary qualification in health sciences or certification in monitoring and evaluation.
- A minimum of 1-3 years’ experience as a M&E Data Clerk (monitor) or capturer
- Valid Driver’s License
- Clear criminal record
- Previous work experience in a similar environment.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for appointment soonest. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please consider your application unsuccessful if you have not been contacted within four weeks of the closing date. THINK reserves the right in special circumstances to accept late applications or to extend the above date in order to facilitate further searches. Furthermore, THINK reserves the right not to make an appointment. Internal applicants will get preference for shortlisting. THINK is unable to provide relocation assistance.
Applications are only accepted if received via the online form below.