Data Clerk – Amajuba
Opportunity Type: Fixed term Contract
Start Date: November / December 2021
Location: KZN – Amajuba
Application Closing date: 08 October 2021
THINK is a non-profit organisation dedicated to improving the lives of those affected by TB and HIV/AIDS. As a health delivery and research organisation engaging with the local community, government and international funders, THINK has provided care to over 100,000 people in KwaZulu-Natal Province and carried out cutting-edge clinical research that has already contributed to changing TB Treatment Guidelines internationally and locally.
THINK is looking for qualified Data Clerks to support the implementation of the THINK USAID TB LON project in KwaZulu Natal Districts. The aim of the project is to safeguard advances of TB treatment by strengthening the TB health care platform in the district. The Data Clerks will be based in KwaZulu-Natal Province (Amajuba) and report to the THINK Data Quality Mentor.
Duties and Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Ensuring that health information systems (HIS) e.g., TIER.Net and EDR Web data completeness, consistency, accuracy and timeliness of reported data are maintained
- Provide additional back capturing data support to ensure no data backlogs
- Provide additional support with filing of TB patients’ clinical stationery
- Work with clinical teams within healthcare facilities to ensure quality TB data reporting
- Conduct routine data quality assessments (RDQA’s) on TB data across supported facilities
- Assist with the data input process to ensure data quality criteria are adhered
- Review of routine HIS data with THINK clinical mentors to identify areas of data reporting challenges
- Maintain a weekly portfolio of evidence (POE) of all HIS generated reports
- Report to the data quality mentors (DQMs) regarding data quality challenges
- Work closely with healthcare facility staff including DoH data capture to resolve data queries
- Continued internal stakeholder engagements with M&E district supporting staff (DQM, M&E district coordinator)
- Capacity building through attending HIS system trainings
- Comply with all THINK rules and regulations and policies and procedures
- Perform other duties as required.
- Contribute to the betterment of THINK
- Ensure THINK vision, mission and values are reflected in all job outcomes
Essential Qualifications and Experience
- Grade 12 – Matric Certificate
- Good communication skills and ability to communicate in English, isiZulu and/or another South African language
- Computer literacy and competence in Microsoft software (MS Word, Excel)
Preferred attributes and experience
- 2-3 years’ experience in HIV and TB screening, counselling, testing and linkage services and welcome back strategy
- Understanding of the importance of the universal test and treat (UTT) policy, notably linkage to care and retention of clients in care
- Work experience in HIV and TB programme implementation
- Good understanding of the South African public health national and provincial policies
- Solid experience in and knowledge of partnering with multiple stakeholders
- Extensive experience with client tracking (via telephone and in person through home visits)
- Previous work experience in NGOs or funded programmes will be an advantage.
- Knowledge of HIV strategies, including the UNAIDS 95-95-95 targets, and TB management.
- Clean Criminal Record
- A good understanding of referral systems and pathways as well as linkage and retention in care strategies
- Clear criminal record
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates. The closing date for receipt of applications will be 08 October 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please consider your application unsuccessful if you have not been contacted within 4 weeks of the closing date. THINK reserves the right in special circumstances to accept late applications or to extend the above date to facilitate further searches. Furthermore, THINK reserves the right not to make an appointment. Internal applicants will get preference for shortlisting. THINK is unable to provide relocation assistance. Queries can be directed to HR Officer, Faaria Alli – email@example.com.
Applications are only accepted if received via the online form below:
APPLY NOWTo apply for any of the above positions please fill in your details below and upload your recent CV. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please consider your application unsuccessful if you have not been contacted within 4 weeks of the closing date.
Salaries are negotiable.
Please add recent payslip to submission.
"*" indicates required fields