Data Analyst – Eastern Cape Province
Opportunity Type: Fixed Term Contract
Start Date: November/ December 2021
Location: Eastern Cape Province
Application Closing Date: 13 October 2021
THINK is a non-profit organisation dedicated to improving the lives of those affected by TB and HIV. As a health delivery and research organisation, THINK engages with the local community, government consortia, and international funders to provide care for over 100,000 people in KwaZulu-Natal and carry out cutting-edge clinical research that has already contributed to changing treatment guidelines internationally and locally.
THINK is looking for a skilled and qualified Data Analyst or Epidemiologist to provide analytic support the implementation of the THINK USAID TB LON project in Eastern Cape Districts. The successful incumbent will be expected to design, conduct and disseminate evaluations and data analyses, support learning and inform programme operations as part of the Public Health Team. The Data Analyst will be based in Eastern Cape Province.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct data analysis to inform programme operations and identify gaps in programme implementation
- Design, conduct and report on evaluations of THINK’s programmes supporting health services
- Collaborate with programme teams to identify evaluation priorities
- Identify and initiate projects of broader interest aligned with organisational objectives
- Give input into content and design of routine data analyses and reporting dashboards
- Academic dissemination e.g., publications and conferences
- Other dissemination e.g., briefs and infographics, writing for lay audiences, websites or media
- Provide technical support and capacity-building on data analysis and learning within THINK and in the Department of Health
- Function as a member of the Technical Support Team and participate in multidisciplinary technical working groups
- Contribute to betterment of THINK
- Ensure THINK vision, mission and values are reflected in all job outcomes
- Perform other duties as required
Essential qualifications and experience
- Master’s degree in appropriate discipline (Public Health, Epidemiology, or closely related science)
- 5-7 years’ experience in the health sector, especially TB Knowledge advantageous
- Experience with statistical software (e.g., SPSS/STATA/R) required; GIS advantageous
- Ability to summarise, interpret and visualise complex data
- Scientific report writing and presentation skills
- Knowledge of South African health services
- Good verbal communication skills
- Valid Driver’s licence and own vehicle
- Must not have a criminal record.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for appointment soonest. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please consider your application unsuccessful if you have not been contacted within 4 weeks of the closing date. THINK reserves the right in special circumstances to accept late applications or to extend the above date in order to facilitate further searches. Furthermore, THINK reserves the right not to make an appointment. Internal applicants will get preference for shortlisting. THINK is unable to provide relocation assistance.
Applications are only accepted if received via the online form below:
APPLY NOWTo apply for any of the above positions please fill in your details below and upload your recent CV. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please consider your application unsuccessful if you have not been contacted within 4 weeks of the closing date.
Salaries are negotiable.
Please add recent payslip to submission.
"*" indicates required fields