Communication Officer – Hillcrest
Opportunity Type: Fixed Term Contract
Start Date: November/ December 2021
Location: Hillcrest – Durban
Application Closing Date: 13 October 2021
THINK is a non-profit organisation dedicated to improving the lives of those affected by TB and HIV. As a health delivery and research organisation, THINK engages with the local community, government consortia, and international funders to provide care for over 100,000 people in KwaZulu-Natal and carry out cutting-edge clinical research that has already contributed to changing treatment guidelines internationally and locally.
THINK is looking for a suitable and qualified Communication Officer to write and distribute content to promote THINK’s brand, activities, programmes supporting the implementation of USAID TB LON project in KwaZulu Natal Districts. The successful incumbent will act as a liaison between THINK, the public, and the media to ensure that the brand remains top of mind. The successful incumbent will be expected to work with all external clients and internal departments to develop a schedule for the delivery of materials or resources. Including online content production, editing, and publication. The Communication officer will be based at head Office, Hillcrest-Durban.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop, write and edit marketing and communications materials, including staff newsletters, press release and social media content
- Promote communications and marketing materials through appropriate social channels
- Track analytics and create reports detailing successes and failures of communications campaigns
- Ensure that all communications and marketing material aligns with THINK brand standards
- Maintain digital media archives including photos and videos
- Work with communications team members to conceptualize and implement communications strategies and campaigns
- Respond to media inquiries and perform media outreach to achieve brand placement in publications
- Develop escalation protocols for managing communication crises, should they arise
- Monitor and Evaluate on-going creation and management of photography, Signage, Organogram and etc
- Development and updating of the branding strategy
- Updating and promotion of corporate values
- Writing and printing annual reports
- Contribute to betterment of THINK
- Ensure THINK vision, mission and values are reflected in all job outcomes
- Perform other duties as required
Essential qualifications and experience
- Marketing or Communication degree or an allied qualification
- 2+ years prior experience in a communications or marketing role
- Understand the best practices of main social media channels including Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, etc
- Must possess exceptional writing skills and be able to compose engaging and accurate content
- Strong communicator who works well independently and with a team
- Superior time management skills and the ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously
- Knowledge of Adobe PhotoShop, InDesign, and Illustrator is an asset
- Understanding of communications, public relations and marketing best practices
- Ability to think strategically and identify ways to improve communication efforts
- Must be resourceful and take initiative even when given minimal direction
- Good verbal communication skills
- Valid Driver’s licence and own vehicle
- Must not have a criminal record.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for appointment soonest. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please consider your application unsuccessful if you have not been contacted within 4 weeks of the closing date. THINK reserves the right in special circumstances to accept late applications or to extend the above date in order to facilitate further searches. Furthermore, THINK reserves the right not to make an appointment. Internal applicants will get preference for shortlisting. THINK is unable to provide relocation assistance.
Applications are only accepted if received via the online form below:
APPLY NOWTo apply for any of the above positions please fill in your details below and upload your recent CV. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please consider your application unsuccessful if you have not been contacted within 4 weeks of the closing date.
Salaries are negotiable.
Please add recent payslip to submission.
"*" indicates required fields