Position: Club Facilitator
Opportunity Type: Fixed term Contract
Start Date: 15 May 2021
Application Closing date: 5 May 2021
THINK is a non-profit organisation dedicated to improving the lives of those affected by TB and HIV/AIDS. As a health delivery and research organisation engaging with the local community, government and international funders, THINK has provided care to over 100,000 people in KwaZulu-Natal Province and carried out cutting-edge clinical research that has already contributed to changing TB Treatment Guidelines internationally and locally.
THINK is looking for a qualified candidate to fill the role of Club Facilitator.
The Club Facilitator will be expected to establish adherence clubs with the assistance of club managers as well as being responsible for running the club sessions.
Duties and Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Recruit from the waiting room by promoting Adherence Clubs
- Identify qualifying patients from Tier.Net working with the facility Data Capturers.
- To cohort decanted clients accordingly in consultation with the CCMDD Champion
- To adopt a case management approach by doing minor screening of clients during parcel pick-up
- To open a register once members are 15 and close it once members are 30
- To register the club on CCMDD using SOP18 in agreement with NSM/CCMDD Champion
- To check on parcels a day before the club meets according to delivery and clinic manifests
- To inform CCMDD Champion if clients parcel is missing
- To check and prepare parcels, registers, clinic manifests a day before the club meeting
- Schedules the club dates
- Identify club venues in consultation with CCGs/NSM
- Secure the community venues
- Develop an adherence plan/schedule health talk according to the AGL
- Collecting pre-packed treatment dispensed by PD from facility,
- Register members
- Conducting adherence club sessions, (health talk, basic screening, and hand-out parcels)
- Basic symptom screening as necessary,
- Issuing pre-packed treatment,
- Completing club registers and following up patients who miss adherence club sessions.
- Get clients to sign manifest and register
- Compile a tally-sheet
- Return uncollected parcels, register, manifest to the facility
- Complete uncollected parcels form
- Informs the CCMDD Champion of uncollected parcels
- Follow up with clients on uncollected parcels – call/SMS
- Inform facility of monthly club schedule
- Reminds the CCMDD/HST Clinician of blood dates 2 months in advance
- Attend facility staff meetings weekly/monthly
- Assists facility with tracking and tracing as and when necessary
- Attends community meetings – campaigns, war-rooms, etc. and recruit at these events
- Matric Certificate
- Experience as a community health facilitator will be advantageous
- Possess good knowledge of HIV/AIDS and TB care and treatment
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships with groups of clients
- Good verbal communication skills
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates. The closing date for receipt of applications will be 5 May 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please consider your application unsuccessful if you have not been contacted within 4 weeks of the closing date. THINK reserves the right in special circumstances to accept late applications or to extend the above date to facilitate further searches. Furthermore, THINK reserves the right not to make an appointment. Internal applicants will get preference for shortlisting. THINK is unable to provide relocation assistance. Queries can be directed to HR Officer, Faaria Alli – email@example.com.
Applications are only accepted if received via the online form below:
APPLY NOWTo apply for any of the above positions please fill in your details below and upload your recent CV. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please consider your application unsuccessful if you have not been contacted within 4 weeks of the closing date.
Salaries are negotiable.
Please add recent payslip to submission.