Clinical Technical Lead (Proposal)
Location: To be Confirmed
THINK is a non-profit organisation dedicated to improving the lives of those affected by TB and HIV. As a health delivery and research organisation, THINK engages with the local community, government consortia, and international funders to provide care for over 100,000 people in KwaZulu-Natal and carry out cutting-edge clinical research that has already contributed to changing treatment guidelines internationally and locally.
THINK is looking for a skilled and qualified Clinical Technical Lead to operate under the leadership of the Principal Investigator and will oversee and ensure the technical soundness of capacity building activities. The candidate will be responsible for high level technical assistance to the Department of Health to reach and maintain epidemic control of HIV and TB. The Clinical Technical Lead will be based in in KwaZulu-Natal Province.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide guidance in developing a comprehensive strategy on reducing and maintaining epidemic control of HIV and TB.
- Ensure project staffing, structure and reporting relationships are aligned with project needs, local context and available resources.
- Manage and supervise overall program implementation and provide technical assistance activities, oversight and assistance with the development of strategies, tools, materials, and interventions to strengthen the HIV and TB Program.
- Lead the development of project framework and roadmap and provide oversight, strategic direction and define the project interventions.
- Provide clinical guidance and input into policies, guidelines to meet the needs Department of Health standards.
- Establish and implement a system to ensure quality of program delivery.
- Provide Technical support to Department of Health to review and update guidelines and standard operating procedures.
- Work with M&E staff to design, implement a plan to track data/results related to the project to inform adjustments in project implementation.
- Actively participate in relevant advisory/working groups and professional forums representing THINK.
- Collaborate with all stakeholders and implementing partners, the Department of Health, implementing partners, to ensure that all activities conform to the requirements and regulations.
- Document successes, lessons learned and challenges in implementation as well as reports of project activities and results to the project and donor, including routine quarterly and annual reports and other reporting requirements as requested.
- Perform other duties as required
Essential qualifications and experience
- Medical Degree (MBChB), PhD or MPH will be an advantage. Registration with the HPCSA
- HIV/TB management diploma, Current GCP certificate (Desirable)
- Minimum of 6-8 years of professional experience in HIV and TB program implementation; prior experience with donor-funded projects required.
- Previous experience in various areas of HIV and TB programmes, including active case finding, new drugs/therapies, clinical patient support, TB preventative therapies etc.
- Working knowledge of and/or experience with donor funded program management, policies, regulations, and procedures is desirable.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to work independently and with team members and partners at all levels
- Work experience with local and international partners, including both private and public partners
- Excellent English language skills and written and oral communication skills
- Be value added to THINK
- Valid Driver’s licence
- Clear Criminal Record
Please note: this position is contingent upon securing award
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for appointment soonest. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Only candidates who have met the required experience & qualifications for this position will be contacted. Internal applicants will get preference for shortlisting. THINK is unable to provide relocation assistance. Any queries can be directed to HR Department.
Applications are only accepted if received via the online form below:
APPLY NOWTo apply for any of the above positions please fill in your details below and upload your recent CV. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please consider your application unsuccessful if you have not been contacted within 4 weeks of the closing date.
Salaries are negotiable.
Please add recent payslip to submission.
"*" indicates required fields