Capacity Building Lead (Proposal)
Location: To be Confirmed
THINK is a non-profit organisation dedicated to improving the lives of those affected by TB and HIV. As a health delivery and research organisation, THINK engages with the local community, government consortia, and international funders to provide care for over 100,000 people in KwaZulu-Natal and carry out cutting-edge clinical research that has already contributed to changing treatment guidelines internationally and locally.
THINK is looking for a skilled and qualified Capacity Building Lead to work under the guidance of the Clinical Technical Lead and in close coordination with the implementing partners and the Department of Health. He/she will be responsible for planning and providing capacity development related support of project activities. In carrying out her/his responsibilities, He/she will develop the training and learning materials such as training modules, manuals and curriculum, manuals. He/she will be overall responsible to implement and success of capacity development programme of the project. The Capacity Building Lead will be based in in KwaZulu-Natal Province.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Deliver all capacity development-related activities for the Department of Health and partner NGOs and their networks in diverse areas of organizational development (leadership and management, financial management, human resources management, partner relations, communications, monitoring and evaluation, grant management, technology utilization and others).
- Work closely with selected local partners to ensure adequate capacity is built in various areas to support the implementation of the program.
- Review and develop materials and processes for project identified as needed for capacity development of Health Care Workers and partners, including training, mentoring and coaching of partners, peer learning and other methodologies.
- Ensure flexibility and high quality of the capacity development support provided to the partners.
- Coordinate with appropriate stakeholders in all aspects of activities planning, monitoring, and implementation
- Supervise and the Training Manager to attain capacity building deliverables.
- Extend support and guidance to team members in developing training curriculum, manuals, modules, relevant guidelines including training and learning materials (flip chart, flash card, process card, booklet, handout and video learning aid etc).
- Gain access and manage virtual training platforms such as Knowledge Hub, Moodle, etc to increase access for Health Care Workers.
- Technical lead in reviewing and updating National curriculum and material
- Perform other duties as required
Essential qualifications and experience
- Master’s degree in Organisational Development, Social Sciences or related field;
- At least 10 years of experience in OD capacity building and training of NGOs;
- Demonstrated experience in developing competency based training packages;
- Excellent planning and organisational skills;
- Ability to work with minimal supervision;
- Ability to work effectively across teams with inter cultural and inter disciplinary sensitivity;
- Proficiency in English, written communication and presentation skills.
- Work experience with local and international partners, including both private and public partners
- Be value added to THINK
- Valid Driver’s license
- Clear Criminal Record
Please note: this position is contingent upon securing award.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for appointment soonest. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Only candidates who have met the required experience & qualifications for this position will be contacted. Internal applicants will get preference for shortlisting. THINK is unable to provide relocation assistance. Any queries can be directed to HR Department.
Applications are only accepted if received via the online form below:
APPLY NOWTo apply for any of the above positions please fill in your details below and upload your recent CV. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please consider your application unsuccessful if you have not been contacted within 4 weeks of the closing date.
Salaries are negotiable.
Please add recent payslip to submission.
"*" indicates required fields